The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

You did not have to wait two hours? There is some crazy talk (my expression) about activating a two hour booking rule (that holds until you use your 1st booking) if your first LL is a late day one.

4 Likes

Yeah what @dexys describes makes the most sense. What I suspect doesn’t work:

Book LL1 at 7 for 11:30
Book LL2 at 11 for 12:30
Tap into LL1 at 11:30

In that case, because LL2 has taken over as the operative reservation, I don’t think you can book again until you either tap in at 12, or wait until 1 via the 120 minute rule.

So I think the right way to phrase this rule is:. You get another LL reservation either:

• You tap into your last booked fastpass
  • 120 minutes passes from your last booked FastPass.
  • Your last booked FastPass expires
5 Likes

I did not have to wait two hours from my second booking. I was able to book as soon as I used the second booking. So I did have to wait two hours from the 11:45 TT booking and then booked Nemo at 1:45 for around 2:30. When I used Nemo around that 2:30 time, I booked Spaceship Earth for 3:30. And then when I tapped in there, I booked Mission Space for later on, all before the 3:45 TT.

6 Likes

Thank you! That is exactly how I understood it to work. I don’t know why the talk about a 2 hour block started, but it is confusing a lot of people.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Do we know much yet about how cancellations work under new system? Has @SteveBloom been testing this? Suppose I’m hopping to MK in afternoon, and I do this:

7am - book LL1 for PP (200-300 return window)
11am (2h after MK open on a 9am day) - book LL2 for BTMR (330-430 return window, say)

Now suppose at 1105am I realize I won’t get to MK until 4pm, so I will miss LL1. If it were last week, I know I could cancel LL1 and immediately rebook PP (for current return window, say 400-500).

Can I still do that? Or would I lose LL1 if I canceled it?

1 Like

It should not take a PhD to book and effectively use Genie+/LL. I’m having a hard time keeping up. The casual Disney goer will never figure this out.

16 Likes

That’s an understatement!
I say the following just for impact and with the caveat that I am bad at a great many things. Three things I am fantastic at: math, strategy and logic. And I spent many days absorbing this forum before my trip. And I woke up each morning the month before my trip before 7:00 just to test some things out. Despite the success I had as I’ve noted in my posts, I still had some difficulty and found it frustrating. Oh, and I also spent just over $500 for a family of four between the four days of Genie + and various ILLs.
I want to stress I still had a GREAT trip. But I did have your same thought multiple times as well as feeling horrible at the idea of families for whom Disney is a real financial reach already and cannot afford to spend that extra money.

11 Likes

I am OK with that. And to use it casually you don’t need to figure it out. If it won’t let you book, it will tell you when you can. So a casual user just needs to know to try to get another G+ whenever they check into a ride and when it reaches the time that G+ tells you.

Using G+ knowledge will help you maximize the use of it, but not necessary. Also, in the near future, TP app will be able to tell you what to do.

2 Likes

Where exactly does it show this?

1 Like

I think this is what @shawthorne44 is referring too:

2 Likes

OK I was going to say I haven’t seen anywhere in the Genie system where it tells you when you are eligible.

2 Likes

When you get a LL I’m pretty sure it tells you directly on the LL reservation when you will next be eligible, using the 2 hour rule. Fastpass / MaxPass did that. But I’ve never gotten a LL so I’m not sure!

1 Like

Here is my Pirates LL which is still showing for some reason and all the T&C on the provided link.

2 Likes

Ha! I guess that’s a no then.

1 Like

Yeah this product really is shit. I cannot believe a company as large as this whose major differentiator from the competition is technology would put out a product a poor as this. I haven’t put it in my trip report yet bc I’m just so dumbfounded.

5 Likes

Pretend I did a hug, not a heart. This situation is not one to be liked!!

1 Like

Waiting as patiently as I can for this. I am itching to prepare my December touring plans.

4 Likes

I saw some screens shots from the first days of G+. It seemed to only pop up when you were within the 2-hour window. And then only when you tried to another one. It said something like “You will be eligible to make another Genie Reservation at 11:46 am.” So, basically an error message saying why you couldn’t make the reservation, but nicely.

2 Likes

It doesn’t but if you try to book and you aren’t eligible, it will say you will next be eligible at X time. So you can see it that way. Of course, that doesn’t take into account using the LL you have, which will bump that up.

1 Like

We’re still on target to have this functionality in the next couple of weeks. Disney changed the G+ redemption rules on Wednesday, so I’m updating the code for that this weekend.

11 Likes