The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

MaxPass at Disneyland was very similar and it IS possible to have a plan. IF you know which attractions run out of return times fastest and which are easy to get, and you study up on all the tips and tricks, you can have a game plan that should get you on most rides in the order you expect. You do have to be flexible in case a curveball gets thrown your way, but that has always been the case! It may be daunting, but Liners can do it.

4 Likes

I had to read this 3 times before I figured out what you meant. After I read it the first time, I thought ā€¦ ok, so they are staying onsite and RDā€™ing Expedition Everest.

6 Likes

I may need to turn in my Liner badge! =) It definitely feels daunting. Maybe I just need to continue to shift my perspectiveā€¦and listen/read more about how it is working in the parks day-to-day.

4 Likes

You can do it! Following along with others as they use the system will help. Open the app and get familiar with it. It will probably take a day or two in the parks before it becomes natural.

2 Likes

It definitely does feel daunting!

4 Likes

No weā€™re not :laughing:

5 Likes

Yup thatā€™s why EE is not a great acronym for Early Entry. I have seen others using ETPE (early theme park entry) and that works better.

5 Likes

Maybe we just go back to using EMH. We can pretend itā€™s still magical.

7 Likes

Wimp!

1 Like

Teenagers.

4 Likes

In addition to what Jeff said, TP will begin to predict when certain arrival times will be offered. For example, we all know that SDD will offer mid-afternoon shortly after 7am. So, TP will do what they did with MaxPass (Iā€™ve heard) and include recommendations on what G+ rides to get when. So, ride this, now get G+ for that.

Purposeful touring plan without TP? That would be hard. Youā€™d have to watch the ride times offered in the days before your trip to come up with your own plan.

6 Likes

I read EE as Expedition Everest too

2 Likes

I think @Jeff_AZ needs to use his survey wizardry to post a quiz on G+ and ILL$ features & function

The only thing more unsettling than seeing ppl pose questions I never would have thought of is how often I am proven wrong when those questions are answered

5 Likes

EMH - Extra Minutes of Haste

6 Likes

DD17 is the one who declared ā€œWe donā€™t sleep at Disney. We RIDE!!ā€ Granted, sheā€™s a little crazier than your average teen.

DS20 grumbles but makes it to RD every time.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to convince many WDW travel partners of this over the years, but never had much success of finding anyone to join me from RD to close. DW is definitely not on board, but I have high hopes for DD6 once she is a teenager.

5 Likes

Yes DD17 is more cooperative than DS13 but even she gets to dragging after a couple of days of rope drop. I pepper rope drop in a few times at the beginning of our last few trips and then work in later arrivals/later evenings as we progress. Everyone is happiest that way.

3 Likes

Smart move. We havenā€™t had a longer trip in awhile so we do short and intense.

1 Like

Yes. ETPE is consistent with Disneyā€™s official terminology. While weā€™ve grown used to EMH, it isnā€™t accurate to continue to use that term. ETPE is accurate, and differentiates better from EE, even though EE is easier to type.

5 Likes

I can never remember ETPE so I just type out Early Entry. Maybe someday I will learn the acronym. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes