The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

There are supposed to be other behind-the-scenes changes coming to the app. We’ll see.

7 Likes

Just wanted to say using BG1 the last few days and it’s been great. Crowds are reasonable and I was able to get a return time within an hour for everything at AK today. I was there from 8:30-4:30 and did Dino and triceratop standby then G+ for all other rides and Outpost (no FOP) and had lunch at Yak and Yeti, Nemo and Boneyard and we were done before 5.

8 Likes

Random thought: on days where there are special events (parties) do you think G+ for that park will be discounted since the parks close early?

2 Likes

I’d guess they’d price it on the lower side for those parks (and actually we’re just talking MK here) on those days, expecting less demand. But there’s no way of telling if it’s “discounted” because pricing is dynamic anyway.

ETA: Unless they decouple the MK price from the park-hopper price on MK party days, making it lower than park-hopper. I guess we don’t even know if the park-hopper price will always track with the MK price to begin with, since we only have one (theoretical) example so far.

4 Likes

I was going to try and make a stupid “it’s actually simple, Jeff” joke with an attempted list of each of the ride reservation booking systems & their multiple options, & prices, & purchase times, & booking window start times, & resort early times.
Then I literally, really started getting irritated. I’m taking our group of 9 to WDW on July 20th. Never again.

6 Likes

Just in case you all aren’t crazy like I am (I’m always following multiple Genie threads at once) I thought I’d dual post something I put in two other threads this morning. I can confirm that I was successfully able to use BG1 to book Test Track for 9-10 am! Others have posted that they used it too. :grin:

14 Likes

I realize everything is up in the air today with the changes, but I have a basic question that I want to make sure I understand, assuming the changes do not affect this process.
It used to be that if you planned to hop to a park and wanted to stack, Genie+ would only show you times past 2PM. As I understand it, you now have to wait for the times to advance, correct?
So, if I have an APR for AK, but plan to hop to HS, Genie will show me HS times before 2PM, but will not allow me to book those times, right? Once the times advance past 2PM, I will be able to book at HS, even though I did not have an APR there, right?

4 Likes

Correct, but it has not been too much of a problem. SDD advances fast for the first LL. There may not be anything right at 10:30 for the second LL, but MFSR has been advancing past 2:00 around 11:00. With others close behind.

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Does anyone know how much the hopper Genie+ cost yesterday and today? Just curious

2 Likes

TD tracker has the price data, scroll down to 6/27 and 6/28.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Interesting that the PH, HS and MK prices decreased while the AK and EP prices held steady…

6 Likes

Definately trying to increase sales of G+ at EP and AK. Even if this new model does absolutely nothing to the sales at MK and HS, there will be people that will buy now at AK and EP for their single park days because the investment is lower.

5 Likes

This isn’t Genie related but MDE related. I’m here now and last night on the “My Resort” tab the room number wasn’t sheikh nor was the “my charges” tab. Thai morning nothing works - when I click “My Resort” it says check back later. Sigh.

4 Likes

Hi all! A few questions.

To double check myself, confirmation on these two things:

• I think I understand the 120min rule. The current other redemption event is tapping in at one’s latest (most recent booked) LL reservation correct?
  • If park hopping, G+ no longer automatically shows times past 2pm. I have to wait for rides to go past 2pm time, correct?
  • I can modify and/or cancel G+ reservations before the window?
  • I can modify a G+ reservation for a different time and/or a different ride?

Where I am experimenting in my head:

• Can I modify a LL reservation for another ride without being eligible for a new LL? Ie, if I am within the 120min window.
  • If I cancel a LL reservation, is that considered a redemption event? Am I granted the ability to make a new LL reservation?
3 Likes

If you cancel a LL reservation and make a new one, your 2 hr booking window restarts if this was your last LL booked. If you modify it, the 2 hrs don’t start over.

4 Likes

So modifying is generally superior. Good to know.
How easy is it to modify a G+ reservation? Both on MDE and BG1 (if at all possible).

Still looking for confirmation on the above notes if anyone else wants to jump in!

3 Likes

Yes on these. I never modified so can’t help with those.

4 Likes

SUPER easy in BG1! Can’t speak to MDE because I avoided it as much as possible (any time I had to venture in, it was difficult to find what I was looking for)

6 Likes