The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

P.S. Your trip was unforgettable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I was there this past November for MVMCP and only had the party ticket. I was able to purchase and use Genie+ in the hours before the party actually started from 4-6. I stacked rides all day starting with Jingle Cruise since that one advanced the quickest. We rode Jingle Cruise, POC, HM, BTMRR, and Splash (lucked into that after getting a LL once we tapped into HM). So, at least back in November, it was doable.

6 Likes

How long did it take you to get into the park at 4? Was the queue to enter backed up to the buses?

2 Likes

I looked back at my pictures, and we arrived at the entrance at 3:12. We were right at the front with more and more people quickly arriving after us. We were let through the taps at 3:45 and held right at the entrance for about five minutes. At 3:50 we were walking in. The first picture was taken at 3:13 and the second one at 3:43.

8 Likes

Posted in chat:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I feel a little sick over this news!

4 Likes

Me too. As if things weren’t bad enough!!

5 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t see it there and was looking at pinned/new threads.

3 Likes

I just happened to see it and came here to share, and you’d already done it from chat.

4 Likes

Yeah, I just posted on that other threads my questions from reading chat.

I so appreciate the linking!

3 Likes

In addition to the pricing, it adds another layer to think about when planning. WDW keeps making it more and more complex to plan.

4 Likes

My first thought was that the added complexity is the last thing Disney needs right now. They’d be better off just quietly raising the price (i.e., staying within the band of prices they’ve been charging, but just shift higher within that band).

But one thing that makes me feel a bit better is that if MK price gets you all four parks and AK / EP are cheaper, that actually could be a benefit to me the way I tour.

5 Likes

Well as long as it works for you!! :blowfish:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Well that answers the “imminent” question.

3 Likes

@len predicted this around an hour ago on WDWMagic.

What the eff are they thinking, making it even more complicated.

This is Scott Gustin’s tweet about the pricing, apologies if it’s already been posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1672291528734064645?s=20

6 Likes

I wonder if June 27 will also be the day we lose Genie+ access on BG1….

4 Likes

So sad, SMH…

4 Likes