My Disney Experience/Genie/Genie+

FYI: Rumor is that Genie+ in WDW will switch soon to per-park pricing. So if you want to use G+ at two parks, it’ll potentially be 2 separate purchases.

No word yet on prices.

I don’t expect prices to drop, at least at MK and HS. For one thing, a price drop would essentially be a discount to guests who only visit one park per day. And there’s already enough demand at the popular rides. A price drop would only make that worse.

I’ve heard (but not seen) that the MK price will be the same as “all four parks”, which would encourage you to go somewhere else after the MK. That’s another way of shifting demand.

I’d expect lower prices at AK and EP, in part to encourage people to go to those parks. Also, as we’ve shown with ETPE, there’s really no need for G+ for resort guests using ETPE at AK. So this per-park strategy allows them to reprice the value proposition.

I still expect per-park prices to fluctuate every day.

I’ve not seen how IT will implement all of this. I’d expect that any sort of change/refund will require you to visit Guest Relations, since I doubt that will be built into MDE.

2 Likes