The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Disney has tweaked a few things already with G+ the past month to help improve customer satisfaction, probably to preserve the system as long as they can.

Maybe what was happening was at those popular parks where many hop to, so many LL’s with return times between 2:00-4:00 were snatched up by those hoppers, leaving a big shortage of in-park availability for those LL’s, for those that were in the park since the morning. Then that leaves a big time gap with low LL availability. When you have an APR at a park and stay for the whole day, you probably should get some preferential treatment of LL availability. Maybe they will now be able to find 1 additional LL in the time they have, with less attractions depleted of LL’s?

If that makes any sense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Random question: if Merlock allows rebooking, could you get a too-early time and then adjust it before the next window? But I just answered my own question. That readjusts your window, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

That makes total sense, and is probably why the made the change.

2 Likes

I just want to eat lunch at Epcot after MK or DHS. That’s all I ask.

6 Likes

How does this really change anything? If you could t enter befit 2 why would you book an LL for earlier than that anyway?

3 Likes

Previously, if you had your park reservation, for say, Epcot, and a park hopper pass, you could make a reservation for Big Thunder, and it would show you times after 2 PM. Now, it will say you’re not eligible for Big Thunder until all the return times leading up to 2PM are used.

5 Likes

The lower priority attractions generally take a while to naturally pass the 2pm return time. MDE will not anymore automatically bump your LL request past 2pm and let you book when hopping. You’ll have to wait to book it. The higher priority attractions are less affected.

This may encourage more LL booking at the morning park.

4 Likes

Thinking about this, there was probably unused LL capacity in the morning for some attractions - they were advancing without anyone scooping them up. Could spread usage out a little bit.

4 Likes

I’m hoping it’s either a precursor to doing away with the 2PM park hopper restriction, or to allowing selection of LL times…

6 Likes

Ah. I didn’t realize it did this.

4 Likes

And many people didn’t, especially those who haven’t even visited yet post G+ start. So this tweak shouldn’t give much of a fuss.

3 Likes

It sounds like the change wouldn’t even let you book the too-early one if you’re park hopping. You’d get a message that you’re not eligible to book. But the rest of it yes, you answered your question.

2 Likes

So to sum it up,

• first LL of the day needs to be for the park you have a reservation for (have to tap in for park hopping LLS to show up at your next booking?)
  • after that if you want one at the park you’re hopping to, only times after 2 pm will show up.

I don’t see this being awful. Granted, if I plan to hop to HS, I can’t get a SDD at 7 am, but if I’m going to HS and have a park reservation for it that day I have an advantage over the thousands of people who plan to hop their later. It seems like an equal trade?
But I also find it irritating that this crap changes 11 days before my trip!

3 Likes

why would I book my first LL at park im going to first?
say im at epcot first to try for GotG, at 7am im trying for GotG boarding group then
at 7.01-7.15 I’m going to book SDD for HS which im hopping too, at 11 im checking to see if MFSR is available yet for 2pm onwards at HS and so on.

your second bullet point isnt correct, that may someties be the case but the ride I want at 2pm may not. e available to book until say after 1pm!

1 Like

But why should you who is not even going to that park until the afternoon get a lightening lane over someone who Is going there at park opening.

Either way someone is left out. Oh well.

I don’t think it’s awful that people who have a park reservation at a certain park get an advantage to those who don’t.

5 Likes

I also wonder if this will deter the one day ticket people to not upgrade to a park hopper if they don’t have an equal chance of getting certain LLS

May not be the best decision but who knows

2 Likes

This isn’t correct unless I misunderstood what you’re saying. For the hopping park, you will not be able to book a ride until that ride’s LL return times have progressed to 2 PM or later.

6 Likes

Maybe I am the only one finding it truly awful? I made a decision to go with 3 day PH with Genie+ (prepurchased) rather than 4 park days. We have been looking at Thrilldata religiously and have come up with a workable plan that gets us to everything we want in those three days. Now … I’m just not sure. I feel like the rug got pulled out from under me. Truly nauseous. (I’m sure that has something to do with other stressors too. DD22 has covid and was supposed to fly home tomorrow. House is being painted but we’re in the “should I pay for extras” portion of the process. Found out my hair dresser is moving out of state - this is probably the worst!) Trip is in 15 days and I feel like we’re back at the drawing board. Now waiting for them to do away with BG’s for CW! That will be the icing on the cake of my ruined plans. LOL :joy: :sob: :unamused:

5 Likes

If you’re stacking, presumably you always book the LL with the latest return time anyway, since that’s the one most likely to sell out before your 120 minutes is up. Unless you’re hoping to AK (and you’re probably not), you should be able to find a LL at 2pm or later by a minute or two past 7am.

At EP, it might be harder to find a 2nd at 10:30/11, but HS & MK will always have some.

2 Likes

I feel that! Things always seem to change right before my vacation !

3 Likes