The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Typically no. The only ILL that seems to drop consistently is FOP

2 Likes

Thank you, is there a drop Time I should look for to try? Snafu this morning and missed it :sob:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the availability chart from Thrill Data. Not much consistency that I can see.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not all of you. Itā€™s me. People have tried to explain this so nicely and I just need to type more slowly or something. I donā€™t think I am asking in a way that the answers are clearing things up.

Letā€™s say, Thursday morning as I am driving to HS I get on my phone at 6:58AM and right at 7AM I get a SDD return time of 4:15PM.

I canā€™t get another one until 11AM, and at that point I get MFSR for 2:45PM.

Then at 1PM, I am not quite to HS yet because of FL traffic, and we pull a RNRC for 3:50PM.

So I arrive, and I have my LL so far for
2:45PM MFSR
3:50PM RNRC
4:15PM SDD

So at that point I canā€™t get another one until 3PM? Because it is 2 hours?

But if at 1PM I had pulled MMRR for 2:30PM, I can then book as soon as I tap into that ride bc it was the most recenlty acquired?

6 Likes

Correct.

Correct! You got this. :+1:

7 Likes

so, if itā€™s closing in on my arrival time, maybe I pick something that will have a quick return time so that I have a short wait for something middling?

Is there a buried strategy in how we stack?

Like late arrival is going to be different to RD planning.

3 Likes

There are lots of potential strategies but when arriving late, I usually prioritize the attractions that run out of LL availability first. The lower tier attractions will likely have availability all day and you may not even need LL in the evening for those (ASS, ST, MV3D, and even TSM). You can usually get at least 3 or 4 top tier attractions when stacking for afternoon / evening touring.

But if you are prepared and you see a way to maximize your LLs by grabbing a strategic return time, go for it.

5 Likes

Joining in to understand this scenario. (Using HS attractions even though these exact rides are not likely)

Tapping in to the 2:30 MMRR would allow another LL to be reserved because of the most recently booked status.

Does tapping in to the other booked LL impact making new LL reservations?

Tap into MMRR at 2:30, using the most recently booked status, book a new LL for an attraction that fits into the time betweeen MFSR and RnRC. The recently booked status is now with that LL between MFSR and RnRC?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Never. Previously booked LL do not impact anything.

Exactly.

4 Likes

This doesnā€™t always work out, but when I was ā€œstackingā€ I kind of tried to use the LIFO (last in, first out) approach, I would pick a popular attraction for as late as I could get (within our planned departure time). Then I would build the ā€œstackā€ forward (earlier and earlier) so that when I arrived at the park, I could tap and get another right away. It kind of fits in with @Jeff_AZ 's strategy because the popular attractions usually have the latest return times.

12 Likes

Plus, its better to end with some headliners. Saving the best for last is usually more enjoyable than finishing the night with Alien Swirling Saucers. :laughing:

7 Likes

Yes, both of those statements are correct.

4 Likes

I did this on occasion at MK. Itā€™s something that can make sense on the fly in certain situations. Example: It looked there would be BTM availability for later in the evening even if I waited another 20 minutes so I took a Magic Carpets LL which had a return time in 10 mins, tapped in to Magic Carpets and then booked BTM.

5 Likes

I will be testing my plans out in a couple of weeks (!) but what Iā€™ve been doing is using the data from Thrill Data to try to simulate my hypothetical day. I pick a day that has crowds similar to (or worse than) what I expect to see on my dates and Thrill Data will show me which LLs were available at a specific time and what the return time was.

It helps that Iā€™m a nerd and I love data. This might or might not sound like a fun exercise to you though.

8 Likes

Where do you see this on Thrill Data? I went there just this morning and kind of got overwhelmed and left. I probably need to look at it when Iā€™m also not in the office. :wink:

5 Likes

Funny, my family loves alien saucers. Itā€™s a must-do for us. Go figure!

6 Likes

Have been doing the same.

4 Likes

I leave in 36 hours.

8 Likes

:100:
This is the wayā€¦

10 Likes

Here now and have an interesting situation. Got a multiple experience pass yesterday (RNR) to be used today at HS (hopping there shortly). It showed up in MDE this morning and at some point it disappeared. However, itā€™s still showing up in BG1. Do I assume itā€™s still there and MDE is just glitchy? Iā€™m not sure I want to waste time at the blue tent.

4 Likes