The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

What’s going to happen is people will realize this is what it’s doing and quit trying to use it.

7 Likes

This is the way. Marketing lesson 101 is it’s standard operating procedure for all campaigns. Give the customer something free to make them comfortable to buy the paid thing in the future.

5 Likes

Let’s don’t forget that that has become Molly’s job. No longer is she an unbiased person. She has become a kool-aid drinker so as to maintain her influencer status. I suppose some of this particular thing would be based on evidenced/data from this product usage. But still, if you ask Molly, it’s always a sunshine day and everyone is smiling at WDW.

3 Likes

I think it varies by park and the first time you ate able to book. If you get something right at 9:00, you could pick up another eifhr away.

Watching the distribution pattern though, I think MKnos the only place to consider it. There are enough rides there that distribution is spread out and goes slower so you could get back to back rides in the morning.

Otherwise I would consider a few paid ILL during your trip and standard rope drop!

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is a live or historical price tracker for ILL$. Wanted to see if those costs are predictable right now.

That being said. If a ILL$ is a must do or favorite ride I can’t really see the justification to not buy them. worst case you get to ride your favorite twice. Sure wasted money but what about a Disney trip isn’t outrageously wasted money.

2 Likes

Ha! 100% Yes she definitely has her own bias.

4 Likes

We stay onsite and I think the advantages aren’t as great as they used to be. I’ll take this one - even it it is first shot to spend more money. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Free Genie ignoring your selections. Cheap-ek will say that is a feature, not a bug.

People that sleep in and do afternoons will have a major advantage over those rope-drop and leave early.

3 Likes

This is exactly right. The on-site advantages have slipped, but they figured out one way to make it advantageous again….to spend more money!!!
Will be interesting if the pattern sticks that off-site guests won’t get a shot at the highest demand opportunities.

1 Like

Sort of, seems like there is definitely some benefit if you stack LL reservations. I imagine if gates are at 9, by 1PM arrival you could have 3 LL stacked up, 1-2 ILL$ and immediately get a 4th LL at first tap.

It makes having a ticket for arrival day to the parks more intriguing, you can start stacking on your flight/Drive in.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing around with it for a bit. If you can get a LL early enough, (say, 9:30) and then once you tap in start refreshing to try to get your next one, you can probably get 3-4 in at most parks before noon, especially at MK.

Don’t forget it’s two hours or once you tap in.

And if you’re on site and you can do early entry, you can probably get two to three attractions done before your first LL.

5 Likes

I don’t know if I understand this correctly. So, if you are going to HS (assuming park opens at 9) and planning on stacking LL…you can book at 7, 11, 1, 3, etc…? If you go to book your second LL at 11 for ToT and you won’t be in the park to ride until 2 or so but the only time you are given is 12, do you have to wait and keep refreshing to get the time you want? If you wait to book until 1 to get the time slot you want can you still book a third LL at 1 with it (so book your 11 LL selection at 1 to get the correct time slot plus book your 3rd LL at 1 since its within the two hour time constraints) since it would be technically two hours since you COULD have booked your second LL?

2 Likes

That is an amazingly bad performance…BUT, for those of us going in the next couple months this is great news! I hope Genie sends the crowds everywhere but the headliners! I really wonder what the percentage of visitors are that that are just new or uninformed and will just blindly follow Genies recommendations (and honestly i hope they have a great time doing it). If it’s just 5 percent that is a huge amount of crowd balancing away from the bottleneck waits.

4 Likes

I should share this here too since it’s the hot topic.

6 Likes

as I was watching and listing to the review on youtube w/ TP I thought… "when’s the last time I climbed the Tree House? " … maybe it would be fun to NOT have any waits and do things I’ve not done in forever… to see WDW again and not just wait for the one or two things I want to do every time? Just a thought… Everyone’s Disney experience is their own and the “head liner rides” are determined by who? When DS was 10 his top rides were PM and RT… that’s it, he didn’t care about anything else. I do agree that if you select certain rides Gene should get you there, poor programing to not include your own choices.

5 Likes

I am not in sales and marketing but I do “pitch” people for a living. And while I err on the side of presenting all the facts, data, and solutions (let’s call it the Touring Plans approach) it is a dangerous game to present misinformation. People do it, but it never seems to end well. Doesn’t this hold true for the free part too?

4 Likes

Genie+ ILL prices can, and do, vary by day. Some attractions went up in price today.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/22oct2021-first-price-increases-come-to-disney-genie-lightning-lane-individ2al-attraction-purchases.htm

MK: SDMT was 10, now 12
MK: Space Mt was 7, now 9
EP: Remy was 9, now 11
EP: FEA was 9, now 11
HS: MMRR was 8, now 10
AK: FOP was 11, now 14

1 Like

While the Disney die-hards are most upset about the upcharging and monetizing of everything. Of all the changes Disney has made, Genie sending guests to the Tiki Room and the Treehouse may be the one most irritating to casual guests.

6 Likes

I wonder if that is a standard “weekend days cost more” or if it will fluctuate even more than that.

3 Likes