The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

Yay - I was the 50th Like - do I get a badge?!? :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

(Apologies to Randall for stealing this.)

12 Likes

Thrill Data is now posting LL return times for attractions. For ILL it shows you the earliest available time. You can see that they basically ran out at 9:20am, with a straggler being released at 1:05pm (someone cancelled?). (I assume this is collected via timed pings, so it won’t pick up all availability, just a sample.)

6 Likes

That 1:05 is weird because I didn’t think you could cancel?

5 Likes

Here’s SDD - they ran out around 10:35am.

Here’s MFSR - available at least until 2-3pm:

ToT still going at 8pm, with generally a 2-hour lag between application and return for most of the day:

Here are a few more:

In conclusion, the hardest ILL to get is RotR. The hardest LL to get is SDD, then MFSR. JC and TT ran out in the early evening (4-5pm). Most others are available most of the day. I haven’t checked every ride.

5 Likes

Oh you’re right. They might have just done another small drop for park hoppers or something? Could have been a glitch on Thrill Data’s side. I have no idea.

2 Likes

IDK. This whole thing has my brain shutting down.

7 Likes

The thrill data trend lines are useful but the axis seems weird? Why is 7 am showing 6 pm return windows?

2 Likes

Because between 7am and 7:10am when that snapshot was taken, all the return times from park opening until 6pm were taken. (I assume you’re referring to SDD)

3 Likes

Question for the hivemind:

I have a family of 4, I want to do FOP but the 4th is too short to ride. Do I buy 3 ILL$ passes and rider swap and my taller child gets to ride twice? I read that everyone must have a ILL$ but surely that doesn’t include the non rider.

Followon, are there any attractions where 1 genie+ gets your whole group through? Meet and greets used to work this way.

2 Likes

With BGs, all riders need to have a BG to use rider swap, including the return riders. However, I think you might be able to technically accomplish what you’re saying by swapping magic bands, but I have to say that would definitely be in the gray area, and the CMs might stop you if they check photos.

3 Likes

The thing that amazed me today about testing Genie is that its itinerary didn’t include the attractions we selected.

For example, we started off with something like 12 classic MK attractions - all the mountains, Pirates, Mansion, etc. And we had an optimized touring plan with those steps.

No matter what we did, we couldn’t get Genie to build an itinerary with those 12 attractions. Instead, it would suggest things like Swiss Family Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Country Bear Jamboree. The total number of steps in the Genie itinerary was more than 12. But of those, only 3 were things we actually selected.

And this is the part I don’t understand. Any itinerary software has to include the steps you want. Period. Genie doesn’t. I really can’t wrap my head around how someone thought this was okay.

28 Likes

I’m not following. Are you saying they would only let the single adult back into the LL after the first pair is done?

2 Likes

They would let the single adult back + one repeat rider. That repeat rider would have to be someone with an ILL reservation. However, that person could, in theory, give their magic band to the 4th rider (who didn’t have an ILL reservation), who could come back with the non-riding adult. But that would technically be circumventing Disney’s intended use. (Assuming ILL is supposed to work the same way as BGs.)

3 Likes

Ok. So basically there is no way for 2 adults to ride one ride with the same child either? Which I thought was the whole point of rider swap. If your a family of 4 in this scenario you should just buy 2 ILL$ and one adult doesn’t get to ride.

2 Likes

I misread your initial question. Yes, this is correct. You buy 3 ILL passes. You do NOT need to buy an ILL for the non-rider.

The question I was answering was if you were a family of 5 and wanted to buy 3 ILL, and let a non-riding child use the rider swap with the waiting adult, so each time 1 adult + 1 child rides, 1 child is too short to ride, and no one repeats.

3 Likes

I guess I just didn’t believe it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks that makes more sense. It’s confusing because they are adamant every rider must have a ILL$.

2 Likes

I’m more surprised it didn’t just suggest a gift shop.

17 Likes

Disney IT is maintaining its reputation I guess :roll_eyes:

10 Likes