The Genie Thread! All DLR Info Here

Per Undercover Tourist…

You can make a Genie+ and an individual Lightning Lane selection for your second park while you’re still in your first park. But there is a change. It used to automatically give you the first time available after hopping is allowed. Now you have to watch the ride you want in the Tip Board and wait until its distribution time says at least 11 a.m. or later and then select it.

3 Likes

Darn. I just changed the verbiage in the lead post. The good news is that 11am is pretty early in the day so it’s usually not a problem.

2 Likes

So I got nothing searching around for explanations of Genie+ on another couple of sources I’ve used to find DL info. Also may I add, your explanation above is by far the most easily laid & digestible explanation of it. By a long shot. And it’s got everything. Really everything you could want to know to get started.

3 Likes

Doesn’t affect anything too much. It just keeps you from booking a 11am G+ for the other park during rope drop as G+ isn’t really needed the first couple of hours of park opening.

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush: It’s been a labor of love. LOL

2 Likes

You’re quite welcome! And this labor of love just means you have to stay here forever. To update in perpetuity. So hope you like it here :laughing:

3 Likes

:rofl:

I guess I’m stuck! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Agreed. @Jeff_AZ should have this LL / Genie+ comparison posted as an article on the main blog page! How do we make this happen?

3 Likes

DLR is adding two more attractions to Genie+. MMRR is getting demoted from ILL to G+, and Ariel’s Undersea Adventure is getting added.

3 Likes

Interesting… I guess the MMRR change is good, though too late for me (my trip is next week). The Little Mermaid rarely has a standby line at all, so it’s going to be somewhat useless, but I guess there are some times when it would come in handy.

3 Likes

It looks like that AUA can get up to a 30-45 minute wait midday? It also hits a snag when it breaks down, but what ride doesn’t?

2 Likes

It happens, especially at busier times of year. But most of the time it’s practically walk on. We’ve ridden multiple times in a row without a wait in the middle of the afternoon.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ Where do you think MMRR will fit into the priority list? After Space?

2 Likes

I think since it is moving down from ILL, the baseline expectation should be that it will start as the highest priority. However, based on WDW, it will probably end up being about as popular as MFSR, so maybe not #1 but solidly mid-tier.

1 Like

No surprise on the MMRR downgrading to an LL. The demand hasn’t been there now that most regulars have done it & will just wait for a low times (which are easier to come by than not). It still shouldn’t be too much of a headache though since it re-opens after FWs and watching from small world, then rope-dropping MMR is a great gameplan.

As for Ariel’s getting an LL: BOOOOOOOO. They tend to inflate that line quite a bit. There’s not even room for a line to get to 45 minutes without switchbacks spilling out the wazoo and all over the place in the walkways (luckily the walkways in that area are fairly generous so they could snake more ropes/taped lines in adjacent areas, but booooo.

We’ve seen it get to a solid 30-35 minutes but that’s with every single one of it’s switchbacks filled. Which is rare. We often do Ariel marathons and have ridden it as many as 5x in a row with less than 5 min waits. And we often do it at least 2x because it’s such a favorite. I imagine hitting it early or late should still be ok for those though.

2 Likes

I assume because it is such a quick line and low demand that the LL won’t impact standby too much.

3 Likes

True, except for midday or busiest of days it shouldn’t be too bad, but an LL does add to the standby. Monsters Inc is a classic case for that. Ariel’s might be get away with lesser impact with its continuous loading.

The day they add Pirates to G+ will be the much harder pill to swallow. They’ve tried to do it in the past as a FP and there was nowhere for the longer standby queue to go & space in that area is already so limited so it didn’t stay. There were LL tap/scan points installed at one point right before Maxpass but quickly disappeared & never heard word of it again. So they at least thought about it but decided against it. I’m waiting for the day they try it now with G+.

2 Likes

So wait. As I’m trying to get my plans for Disneyland more in place, there’s only like 11 (soon to be 12) rides that use G+ in DL, and 8 in DCA? That’s it?

3 Likes

Yeah I think LL is not needed for Pirates and it would negatively impact the standby for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not available for most rides. Basically just the headliners.

2 Likes