The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

DH and I have determined that we will always do a 1bv, even if it’s just the two of us, b/c we want the laundry in the room.

1 Like

That is true.

3 Likes

I thought someone said there are only 2-3 machines for all of the DVC at Poly @ninjasherrie ???

1 Like

@OBNurseNH is the laundry expert, right? (Weren’t you the one that had the whole blog about it?)

3 Likes

I can believe it. I can manage without doing laundry. And still go carry-on only!

4 Likes

I don’t remember the exact number, but I’ve never had issues with getting a machine and I tend to do laundry on vacation and we’ve stayed at the Poly a number of times.

3 Likes

She is the laundry expert. Her title changed at one point to something about laundry a few years ago.

2 Likes

I have done laundry at Kidani, BLT, CC, and BWV (only drying our bathing suits). There have always been only 2-3 washers and 2-4(?) dryers but I have never waited for a machine.

2 Likes

I had a blog POST about it yes.

4 Likes

BTW: The cots are amazingly comfy. I hope they haven’t done away w/ them altogether. We got cots several times at ASM and those rooms are too small already, but I know they aren’t allowing cots there anymore w/ the remodel. They don’t have cots at POR either.

1 Like

Yeah it’s true.
The problem at the Poly is that, at most DVC resorts, there are a lot of 1 & 2 bedroom villas that all have their own laundry, so the overall number of people using the laundry room is less.
At Poly,. All the rooms except the bungalows are studios, so none of them have a laundry. All 360 studios have to compete for 4 washers and 4 dryers. It’s a mess.

3 Likes

Disney sent me a survey for our stay at the Poly last week (but not Pop). There actually were questions on there about DME. How was the service, did we like it, etc. I may have filled in the comment section for that question w/ some thoughts about how having DME adds so much to our trip, that I was sad it was going away, and how it should not only be reinstated …but that they should also bring back the luggage transfer! I may have also hinted at how if I had to rent a car I may as well stay off property.

11 Likes

This makes me both so happy and so sad. Happy because I love that you loved it. Sad because it won’t work for you going forward.

Ah, I see you noted that too :frowning:

We have felt that way for a long time. With a 13yo boy we are starting to swing back in the other direction to where that may become our BEST value before long :laughing:

I’m getting sold on this place with every review I read.

Set yourself a bookmark to pop up just ahead of your next scheduled trip. Then reset it to go off day of your reservation (this new bookmark thing is my new favorite thing here)

8 Likes

BWV has about 245 studios so it is about double for 1/3 more studios? They must have some ratio chart?

1 Like

Wow–I’ve never had issues. Maybe I do laundry at weird times.

3 Likes

There is and you do and it is but it’s kind of nice to do it early in the morning and take a walk around the resort with coffee while it does its thing

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (points) If I’m spending that kind of points I want way more space, a full kitchen, and in-room laundry. Maybe for a split though I guess.

It did? I honestly don’t remember that LOL That’s kind of funny!

3 Likes

It was a very thorough and well researched post, IIRC. :wink:

2 Likes

I used this multiple times this trip! Reminders for people recommending where to sit for fireworks, Harmonious, etc. Very helpful!

4 Likes

Seriously?!? You don’t remember?
Is there any record of old titles? Or does it retroactively change?

3 Likes

I don’t know about researched. I shared my experience, so if that counts I guess :smiley:

Might be a little out-dated by now, 4 years later.

6 Likes