The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

Next we watched the Beauty and the Beast singalong! It was cute and fun, though I had a few complaints. It is displayed on four (LCD I think) screens that don’t fit together quite perfectly so there are distracting seams in the image sometimes. Also the Le Fou segments were of questionable animation quality. Still, it was great to hear Angela Lansbury’s voice, singing the songs was fun (especially with masks to hide our identities :joy:), and the new segments made the experience more interesting.

Next we checked in for our reservation at Space 220. The elevator was really cool! The restaurant has a lovely vibe and our server is very nice. Hoping the food is good too!

27 Likes

She’s cold. It is the vacuum of space, after all.

25 Likes

Bring a sweater to space. :heavy_check_mark:
Also, you’ll never convince me your kids can be grumpy. They’re too cute.

6 Likes

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Space 220 is so intriguing to me! It looks so cool. There have been polarizing reviews of it though. I look forward to hearing what you and DW think of it.

4 Likes

See, this torture was all worth it! :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

Calamari is so good! We both got it as our appetizer and turns out that was a good decision, because we both ate it all. :joy: DS9 even likes it. Waiting till 12:30 (actually almost 1:30 now) for a major deal may be the real reason we liked it so much. Lol

Kids love their butter noodles (spaceghetti with no meatball or sauce. :roll_eyes: DD2 is the most adventurous with her chicken fingers, which she likes. DD4 recently discovered that she likes chicken fingers too (hallelujah! She’s my pickiest eater of all) so she ate a bit of DD2’s chicken, to my delight.

20 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of this! I had forgotten. I will now enjoy my meal slightly more. :rofl:

5 Likes

DD2 is actually “painting her chicken red” with the fries + ketchup. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Someone get me an Alice in Wonderland gif.

Edit: found one

28 Likes

23 Likes

When we saw it on Friday (apparently it was the first official showing), Baloo definitely “crashed” far before he was supposed to. They had to go retrieve him from the water before they could continue w/ the show. The announcer described it as Baloo taking an unplanned bath. Later in the show King Louie was returned to the dock w/o taking a bath.

I agree that the other kites looked like they were crashing at first, but then it was obvious that it was planned that way in order to retrieve them.

I liked the Kite Tails show. It is far shorter than I expected and throwing in Dumbo was a bit confusing, but I still enjoyed it. The kite handlers were extremely impressive, but the performers on land need a bit more practice.

4 Likes

It was actually Colonel Hathi and his elephant patrol!

7 Likes

Flat iron steak was delicious! I couldn’t taste the coffee in the rub (except on the very end where it was charred on thick), for those who care. The fingerling potatoes were better than the wedges, but I was glad to taste both (DW and I shared). The green beans were great. The kids love their cupcakes! DD7 got ice cream with chocolate sauce for her dessert. The trading cards are a big hit with them as well.

24 Likes

Reading up on that syndrome is so interesting. I used to throw up pretty much once a month when I was younger to the point they thought I was making it up to stay home from school. That was until 2nd grade when I puked all over the room and the evil girl in class who wouldn’t move her chair in our reading circle so I could go to the bathroom. After that they believed me. It’s really curious the age range is 3-7 because I did age out of doing that in about 3rd grade which would be around 8 years old. So weird. Hopefully that’s the only vomit of the trip. Great job taking care if things dad!

2 Likes

…but Dumbo was at the end wasn’t he?

I will go search through my pictures.

1 Like

We didn’t have dumbo - the last one for us was King Louie. Maybe they tweaked the show since you saw it?

1 Like

This might not be a bad option. I like the ride, but it could be better. We might have it ready by 2031 if Disney starts now.

3 Likes

These are cute.

9 Likes

Totally agree on the motion sickness and that MMRR is better. Still really cute though.

1 Like

Is Space220 packed?

2 Likes