The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

So cool you got to meet Taylor :sunglasses:

5 Likes

He was really nice as I explained how frustrating and infuriating the VQ for Pteranodon Fliers can be. For me it’s the MAIN reason I buy tickets to attend.

6 Likes

My afternoon was a rush of activity! I rode Mummy as a SR and no wait. I even decided to do Race Thru NY since this is my final trip for a while.

I love watching The Ragtime Gals…the ride is just not for me. I don’t like it the way others hate F&F.

Went ahead and knocked out the other attractions in the area…Transformers and F&F…

USF closes 2 hours before IOA tonight. I have a dinner reservation at Confisco Grill. I’m going to leave and get cleaned up for that. Afterwards we’ll see where the night takes me!

12 Likes

I love your trip reports! I hope you come back to WDW sometime.

2 Likes

What’s not to like?? It’s so much fun!!
They even rap the safety video :star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

I just realized I have four kids between 36-56" and will have 4 adults on our trip in May, so we could all wait in line one time and each ride with an accompanying child!

Is it eligible for EP? For some reason I’m thinking no. May have to do that on one of the mornings.

2 Likes

I don’t like Jimmy Fallon…I don’t really know him, but he gives off a very insincere vibe. Like once the cameras are off he is a jerk.

That means I don’t watch the show. I don’t know the characters or pop culture references like “tight pants” without having to do research.

(I listen to Podcast the Ride. They’ve done a nearly 3 hour episode about this ride so I know what’s happening now though)

2 Likes

After a few failed attempts to get over to Confisco Grill this year I finally made it! Let me tell you it doesn’t disappoint!

Here are the Ahi Tuna Nachos…(yes…I used my gloves!)

I wanted to use gloves at Mama Della’s to shuck all those mussels, but I do have some manners!

7 Likes

It’s dark…I’m in IOA…there’s only one place I want to be!

:motorcycle::motorcycle:

6 Likes

I love Vincent Vision! How exciting!

2 Likes

Did my Hagrid’s ride. SR saved 10 minutes. I rode with another single rider who went through the queue. Her wait was the same.

I was gambled for two rides at closing…no worries!

I’m thinking about ice cream…:thinking:

7 Likes

He was really chill…I probably hung out with him talking about all our favorite tips and way to navigate the parks.

2 Likes

I have nowhere to be so I’m gonna wait in the insane queue at Cold Stone…:rofl:

This gives me more time for SeaWorld stuff…

I left off at Sesame Street…

There’s lots of free interactive buttons to press and games to play. You can also buy a “wand” or something similar to do more interactions. There also is a paper scavenger hunt.

Basically, it’s a must do for the young & young at heart!

The lockers… interestingly they act like a hybrid between the Universal lockers and the upcoming Tron lockers. (Yes…I still pay attention to what my Ex is doing…don’t judge me!)

You can do a single purchase or all day rental. The single rental is $2 for two hours. Your ride queue times are not a factor. That’s your locker now for that time.

An all day transferable to every ride is $10. That’s the best way.

How it works is you provide an 9 digit pin you want… (that was pressure I wasn’t expecting! )

This is your account ID

Then you provide a 4 digit code to use at the locker door.

(I was quaking trying to think of numbers that I don’t use for banking! ) :rofl:

Now, every time you need a locker you go to a terminal at the locker area…(There were typically 4 in most bays. )

You input that info and you are assigned a locker and provided a receipt in case you forget you number. (Like Universal though if you do forget just go to any terminal and it will tell you)

You input you pin on the locker door and done!

4 Likes

I present…Peanut Butter Cup Perfection!

I chose vanilla with Reeces Cups, peanut butter, fudge and caramel

Yum! I’m glad I am getting all these steps done!

5 Likes

Oh! I am inside the Universal Legacy Store and the PA is playing the ride delay announcements from past rides! That’s so fun!

11 Likes

That is so random and cool!

Where did you get ice cream from?

1 Like

Cold Stone by the escalator to be more precise

6 Likes

Ooh I love Coldstone. We go all the time here at home so I’m not sure I would go in Orlando, but it honestly beats a lot of the ice cream I’ve had there.

2 Likes

Same! I knew it was a safe bet tonight

3 Likes

Here’s something that took me a couple visits to find because it’s not on any maps…

There’s a designated Spider-Man M&G station inside one of the stores. However, it’s not as obvious as you’d think!

Look for that small round sign at this STORE

It’s kinda tucked around a bend…

All the heroes have their spots. Capt. America is also an indoor M&G frequently. The X-Men tend to line the streets

I don’t think I ever mentioned it, but all the Pirates were out in Port of Entry this morning engaging guests. I was able to pick-up a couple new pirate themed dad jokes!

I’m on the bus back to Dockside. Going to RD, but unsure if I want to race to Hagrid’s. Might do other stuff first…

It’s gonna rain around park opening until 2pm… I gotta poncho, hoodie and I LOVE an empty theme park!

7 Likes