The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

What is this like?

Good answer!

This was my second choice

The pre-show is one of the few good things about F&F!!

We went because the Minion movie dropped while we were there.
It was quite fortuitous because it was originally meant to release during our cancelled 2020 trip, so having it release during our rearranged trip felt like it was meant to be :rofl:
Have to say I was impressed by the quality of the cinema. Apart from the air conditioning. I was freezing :cold_face:

2 Likes

It’s this one, if you know what I’m talking about. It moves, lights up and has a fog effect. Plus, It’s very easy to do!!

Marvel was my 2nd! Suess won because it does Grinchmas.

Luckily, I had already written this justification answer! (I got to about #10 with full answers before you, thankfully, showed me the better way!)

I refuse to watch it anymore. I will only enter this ride via Single Rider where you don’t have to watch these TMs do their live preshows. As a former theme park / Ops staff I used to do these types of shows. I really got into it. These kids act like they hate being there. It’s supposed to be “ironic” or “cool” how little they are into the show. It comes across as lazy and boring.

I had to write something!!???!! I couldn’t think of anything"bad"!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you, you have no idea how much this means. And to be included with such a great group of liners is so special. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your TRs.

YOU played a significant role in our very successful visit to UOR that happened right before your trip. The information, knowledge and passion was wonderful! Your willingness to help people with any and all Universal questions is so generous.

Thank you.

7 Likes

I’ve finished all the Universal days of my TR.
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/a-universally-wonderful-world-celebration/92037/37?u=mathhound

3 Likes

I finally got my SeaWorld thoughts / TR written out. Not as much to say as I thought. (I’d already done most of it when I was there)

If you just want the summary…

I really did have a fun day. I can’t recommend you go out of your way to add / “squeeze in” SeaWorld to your WDW or Universal Trip. However, if you have the time and want to do something “different” that will still make theme park addicts happy a trip to SeaWorld is worth the visit!!!

If interested, start here…

4 Likes

Oh! Something I’ve been meaning to add this entire time! In my effort to really “take it all in and appreciate the little things” I discovered another talking toilet at Universal!

It seems Moaning Myrtle isn’t the only voice you’ll hear when you have to pee!!

At the exit to IOA there is one final set of toilets to the right. If you use those you’ll hear a set of pirates discussing munity - probably against you! Then it devolves into a set of “dad jokes” that I won’t spoil!

I can’t remember them all but I did try to find / look out for these little things! If you have the time try to keep your head out of your phone as much as you can. I know it’s hard!!

6 Likes

This goes to the list of things I 100% forgot about! I must’ve ridden it around 1996-1997, maybe again in 2005.

3 Likes

Or was it in 2005 and then again in 1996? :wink::laughing:
:clock530::clock5::clock430::clock330::clock3::clock230:

5 Likes

5 Likes

These are the kinds of things (along with the best CMs/TMs) that really make the magic at Disney and Universal. Did Disney used to do more of this, or is that just my rose-colored nostalgia glasses? Does DHS still have the Singing in the Rain umbrella? [Edited to obscure the excess Disney remarks.]

2 Likes

Take that Disney talk back down the street! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, it’s hard to take moments to find these things when you are hustling around the parks. However, IME, if you see or hear one of these delightful Easter eggs pause for a minute to look & listen! It might be one of the things you talk about most when you return!

3 Likes

So sorry! :rofl: Universal came out looking better in my comment though!

3 Likes

I love the blurry text now!

2 Likes

I’m trying hard to not find justifications to renew my AP. I’ve done all the rides and most everything UOR has to offer. However, I keep asking, “What if I went only twice in a year? HHN and another trip TBD?? I would enough vacation time for that!!” HHN gives me new experiences! That’s a reason to renew!! :smiling_imp:

Mostly, I think I like the freedom. The lack of responsibility and being able to indulge in every theme park whim makes it so hard to not go. That feeling really is addicting! I’ll be fine… if this is my biggest issue in life than I’m truly blessed!

7 Likes

I keep waiting for you to say “gotcha, I’m headed back to FL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:”.

I wouldn’t blame you, but I won’t exactly enable either. I’ll just say–make yourself happy! If that’s saving for your return goals, or if that’s going back sooner, either way I hope you get what will make you happy.

4 Likes

I’m so lucky to have a job with the same company for 15 years. I am so proficient that I can come in, knock out all I need to do in a day and have 8 hours left in a day. That’s why I’m here so much during the week & not on the weekends!! I get stuck daydreaming too much!! Having goals keeps me going. I have things “in motion” for trips, but I can’t make serious plans for another week or two.

As my mama liked to say, “I got ants in my pants! I’m all fidgety!!”

5 Likes

Another random Universal thought… I know most people reading this may already be familiar with most YT channels. If you haven’t seen The Frugal Brit Universal Channel, you should! I want to put it out there as a reminder of a reliable resource to recommend to newer Universal Liners when they start looking for information or videos!

4 Likes

Have you gone to see the Berlin Wall? That’s a reason! Of course, you don’t need to have park admission to see it. :grin:

1 Like

I have! It was awkward to find the first time. It blends in with the greenery and all the concrete in CityWalk!

1 Like