The Disney Parks Character Thread

When I was a kid I loved watching this Disneyland Fun edition of Sing Along Songs. Roger Rabbit has a decent sized role in the video:

Btw, my kids love this video and watch it on YouTube all the time. We have it favorited.

3 Likes

This is the one I was talking about!

My Dad would always do the Roger “slow down, slow down!” on lame rides lol.

1 Like

At least there are minimal pics with shoulder pads!

1 Like

Oh I missed this the first time I read through:

It’s awesome, isn’t it? A great way to get a window into that moment in history (1990) which was before I had ever even set foot in Disneyland! No Indiana Jones or Toon Town, brand new Splash Mountain, the Country Bears were still around, etc.

Roger Rabbit may not have been family friendly, but I feel like it was the start of Disney appealing to the adults as well as kids. There is nothing better than some good puns that catch me off guard as an adult watching a cartoon for kids (ex. Disney poking fun at themselves and other characters in Ralph Breaks the Internet).

4 Likes

It is the best! I’ve never been to DL and am still bitter that Splash wasn’t open yet when we went to WDW. Making Memories is one of the best Disney songs that you rarely hear anymore.

1 Like

There was a soft opening on our trip! We rode it twice, the second time we waited nearly 3 hours though.

2 Likes