The "Disney IT" rant thread

It seems Disney IT has a knack for just breaking things. So, I figured I would create a thread dedicated to the Disney IT fails you are experiencing. It can serve as not only a place to rant, but also where people who have experienced similar issues might have some advice.

And, as you can imagine, I had a reason for starting this thread. So, I’ll go first.

So, I have my DS14 as “Family” that I manage, and I put his birthdate in. It also asks his age (which is curious, since it can otherwise calculate it).

Anyhow, when I went to book a room for next January, he will have turned 15. The reservation ASKED what his age would be when we stay, so I selected 15. But when I go to complete the reservation, when I try to add my DS…it complains that he is 14, not 15!!! So, I had to back out of the whole transaction, go and update his age to be 15 (even though he is actually still only 14), and then try again.

6 Likes

I think when I’ve booked, I use the current age of the child and not the age they will be at the time of travel. But like you said, they should be able to figure age automatically.

4 Likes

Well the annoying piece is that they ask you when you book the room to enter “age at the time of travel” but they only allow current age to be entered. It happened to me too. So stupid

4 Likes

7 Likes

Modern technology!

1 Like

Current state of Disney IT :smiley:

I always think Disney IT is like that garage scene in Spaceship Earth…

4 Likes

My phone number

When entering data for an ADR my landline phone number (canceled last year) shows up every time. Every time I change it to my mobile number.

Then it occurred to me to go to MDE settings to update my info. Where my phone number listed is the mobile number.

4 Likes

Here is my rule for interactions with Disney IT:

IF (you have an existing reservation) AND (you need to make a change) AND (you can’t make the change in MDE) AND (you are directed to IT to have them make the change for you) THEN (abort; find a workaround to live with the reservation as it is)

5 Likes

switchboard-working

5 Likes

It’s outsourced and every time an outsourced coder adds or changes anything they just pile it on instead of retooling or a major update. It’s called “spaghetti code” by IT people because it looks like a pile of noodles all entangled. They just add little fixes for what you are inputting, but not truly incorporating it into the entire program. That’s how you get bugs and glitches…

4 Likes

I had the same thing happen with ds7/8 last week booking a hotel reservation.