The Disney Dish Thread

Yes

1 Like

Ok I need to change my answer. 1.5 days?!

3 Likes

Wait. I want to make sure I understand your question.

Each person will pay the per-person rate for that room based on its pricing within a category and view.

1 Like

Three people in a standard cabin is $5,299. So you can subtract $800 off the survey choices if that helps.

1 Like

I wish Disney didn’t use so much food coloring in their foods. My system immediately rejects it if there’s too much in the food which has resulted in me not getting to try a lot of things unfortunately.

3 Likes

Sorry, I so confused on this I am not even sure how to ask. Maybe this is the best way to clarify what you are saying.

A stateroom, with a fold down costs $2500 per person. To stay in that room:

1 person will pay $2500 plus a single occupancy fee.
2 people will pay $5000
3 people will pay $7500

Is that right? Or might there be an add on fee for that person if they are a child?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

Often, though, a child fare is a little less than an adult fare, so if the 3rd passenger were a child it might be less than $7500, but certainly more than $5000

1 Like

So do you spend the whole day at Batuu? Or just a brief few hours? Man, that is a lot of money to pay to spend a day at Batuu so I assume only a few hours.

1 Like

Looks like about 4.5 hours, including lunch at DB7, from the sample itinerary in this article.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/gallery/04aug2021-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-sample-itinerary.htm

2 Likes

Question about today’s show:

A listener wrote in to complain that two members of the same family cannot be logged into one MDE account on two devices. And Len said that if you’re logged into MDE on one device and log into the same MDE on a second, it will log out out of the other.

Did I misunderstand? This was mid-caffeination so it’s possible. But I thought we have coached one another here to be logged in to one MDE on multiple devices plenty of times. And I’ve done it in particular when making dining reservations.

6 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up because I had the same thought! I was wondering if it was something new that the app is doing. I have done it many times to help family members secure boarding groups, and in general just to make planning easier without having linked accounts. (I’ve even logged in on multiple devices myself for 3am / 6am / whatever the hell time the drops are for ADRs, etc.)

If I had to guess, I’d say there are probably times when the app doesn’t like two people logged in under the same name, but that in general it is ok.

3 Likes

Ok so I did hear that.

Maybe @len could clarify??

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the understanding I had from the email: that the family couldn’t be logged in on multiple devices at the same time. But y’all can do it?

2 Likes

Yes, tried it just now. Booked two different dining reservations on two devices with the same account.

3 Likes

Yeah. In fact it’s what we tell each other to do to maximize chances of getting (in days gone by) a Rise boarding group or similar.

7 Likes

Others have reported on here doing it for the 7:00 AM madness to secure both an LL and one or more ILLs.

6 Likes

Listening and catching up on the Dish and wanted to know if anyone else got a ‘Car Talk’ vibe from the show? Len & Jim are as knowledgeable about Disney as Tom & Ray aka Click n’ Clack were about cars. I think Click n’ Clack were funnier though.

4 Likes

Several months ago, Len mentioned an index that someone created that shows what how far WDW is back to being fully operational (pre-p*ndemic). It was based on percent of hotel rooms available, rides closed, meet & greets, entertainment, restaurants, etc. It has been mentioned occasionally since.

Does anyone remember this and know where that index is? I’m curious how close we are to being back to normal as measured by that index. We’re getting very close.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the one @len was referring to, but it’s one I’ve been following. Currently they have it at 80%.

7 Likes

That’s it! Thanks.

3 Likes