The Disney Dish Thread

Yep!! Just listened today and thought, WHAT!?
I heard rumors about dinner theater or an excursion being thrown around but hearing the podcast it felt like something WILL be happening.

Or perhaps some type of people mover…

But it presents as greedy to have 3 ILLs in 1 park.

I’m wondering if they scrapped it at this point! :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

It’s still moving forward as a dinner theater experience. It ticks a lot of boxes that the park needs. The last I heard, the focus had switched from “How would it work in the hotel” to questions about how it affects the park. So that’s a good sign.

9 Likes

Hoop-Dee-Doo Star Wars Revue

8 Likes

:scream_cat: this would be amazing and I would put decent money toward having an experience like this.

6 Likes

I would definitely do it!

1 Like

Just listened to this week’s Dish. I am glad I wasn’t the only one who thought this about TT:

5 Likes

I’d be willing to do just about anything to set foot in the SC again!

4 Likes

A quarter mile walk wouldn’t be bad and I would definitely do that, but they could really do some cool theming of “transport shuttles” if they wanted to get creative and make it an easier trek. Are bantha rides really too much to ask for? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

yeah I don’t see why they couldn’t just use the buses they already had. That would have been cool.

4 Likes

The “transports” were cool and honestly make much more sense. How do you walk to space ?!!

That said, they were small. I sure Disney wants the cheapest option possible.

3 Likes

That would seem the simplest. I don’t know if those shuttles had any star wars theming. But if they wanted to make it special make it look like a giant version of Luke’s speeder or go all out and use Jabba’s shuttle or something. You could make that trip amazingly special and sell toys of the ride vehicle…

3 Likes

If 7DMT stays as $ILL for a total of 3 in the park, will they raise the 2 $ILL limit?

4 Likes

Great question. I don’t know. If that’s a hard-coded limit, probably not. And that would have the effect of reducing demand at one of the attractions, which would be good for guests.

Now that you mention it, this should tell us a lot about how those limits are implemented. Great thought, @gMagicScott!

6 Likes

Apropos of nothing, Len, I’ve always wondered about the origin of your “Domestique” tagline here…

3 Likes

You probably have a ton of emails about this, but I thought I would share Trattoria Al Forno had a short lived “Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfas” from roughly 2017 (my guess based on when I think my family went) until COVID. Character meets were Repunzel and (not a prince) Flynn Rider and Ariel and Prince Eric.

It was probably my favorite character meal ever. The food was great and the characters were a hoot - especially because they played off of each other.

I suspect Topolinos has taken over this breakfast - the food (including a pastry basket to start).is similar and both are on the skyliner, so I doubt we will see it back.

7 Likes

We were supposed to go that April 2020 :sob:

4 Likes

Wait, this guy told us he was a prince…

9 Likes

Wow - he’s kind of nightmare fuel.

6 Likes

No. I think it’s perfect!

3 Likes

I loved that character breakfast but I love my non character priced al forno eggs even better. I pray it never returns to a character meal. :rofl:

1 Like