The Depiction of a Trip Report

The spacing out of the line queue and spacing on the attractions themselves as well. If every other row is closed or whatever, it’ll slow loading/unloading.

When Randall showed the Skyliner line, his picture of the extension of the line, and then his checking in 15 minutes later, imo wasn’t as horrible as the line looked.

In regards to the TP wait times, as awesome as they are at looking at historical data, the data points change daily now. It doesn’t have a sophisticated pandemic solution. People getting vaccinated, people getting just tired of being at home, people waiting for rock bottom travel prices, people assuming heard immunity is “close enough”, people who already pushed their vacation once and won’t again etc. We literally are making new pandemic data every day.

The best that can be done is “guess”, like @Jeff_AZsaid, and compare it to last years data. Which, at this point last year we had the federal government saying “yes we’re open” ands the local governments trying to shut everything down. Last years data was probably a $&!%show to be completely honest.

3 Likes

On Main Street not crowded. Listening to dapper dans preceded by marching band.
Ok :zipper_mouth_face:

12 Likes

That balloon pic is awesome!

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

I will accept MK as a 3 but not HS as a 1.

1 Like

And I would say they’re wrong. Or a 1 has a big threshold these days.

I’m aware of the ol’ fallback of “lines just look longer than they are” that everyone likes to reiterate right now, but these lines are legit long.

FOP didn’t drop below an hour most of yesterday, where it’s been 10 minutes or shorter for the previous days as late as last week. If that’s considered a “1” in both scenarios, that’s a huge margin.

7 Likes

Can’t remember who else besides @OBNurseNH said waffle chicken was life altering so I’m going to give it a go

10 Likes

The trouble is that they judge it based on “average” wait time. So, if one day it is a walk-on in morning, but 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon (using only two data points for illustration), but another day it is 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon, you end up with the same CL. But the first case is more likely an overall lower CL, but with afternoon surge, etc.

I just have had a hard time using the CLs from TP in any terribly useful manner. And, as pointed out, the difference between a 1 and a 10 in terms of average wait time seems to be much smaller than it used to be. Sigh

3 Likes

It was damn good

3 Likes

Right I know how it works, and that they use alllll the rides wait times in factoring that in, makes the margin for error even wider.

I’m just saying 10 minutes all day for fop when I’m not here and an hour wait all day when I am, and both being declared a “1” is irritating.

I had went through with this trip cause of the past weeks’ wait times. Now I just have to settle with these “trying times” where I don’t even care about rides much anyway, relax, and do them during the mornings or during the evenings.

Sigh… the struggle that I go through. :grin:

6 Likes

I said that about the Mickey waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. Unfortunatley, not on the menu currently at Sleepy Hollow.

2 Likes

I’m just … feeling so sad for you right now! I hope you make it through. :cry::violin:

4 Likes

Def. This is where I wish the “spread” of the CLs was larger than it is.

2 Likes

I’ll muddle though. SOMEHOW

AutocorrectThanks

3 Likes

AC has made an appearance …

2 Likes

This made me laugh out loud.

I’m sorry it’s more crowded than anticipated. I am thrilled you enjoy walking around looking at things. And I’m beyond thrilled you have the weather that you do.

2 Likes

It’s good to know AC is along for the ride today! Was missing him a little biit.

1 Like

You win!!! Yummo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I almost went with the corn dog. And the castle while eating was the best. Ok Randall I’m done hyjacking your thread. I promise :joy:

12 Likes

Not gonna lie, adjusting TPs and watching this TR have me scaling back our plans some. We could easily get everything done, but not without a lot of running and waiting. Our days are all 2s and 3s.
1000posts

11 Likes