The bears have always been terrifying

Proof from a few decades ago:

13 Likes

Those are really quite disturbing. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

The first bear is scary (and you look scared) and the second bear looks like he is on drugs, which you think is funny! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I actually really love the bears! I think they are so silly!

2 Likes

I watched them on my last trip, and I’m proud to say I no longer have nightmares :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve never actually seen them. I did try watching a video of the show but managed less than 2 minutes before stopping.

2 Likes

According to Marc Davis, the concept sketches gave Walt his last good laugh when he stopped by to check on Marc’s work.

3 Likes

My niece, nephew, and DD were deathly afraid of Mickey and any costumed characters until they were 5. DS was afraid of them until he was nearly 6. None of them had trouble with face characters.

I think it’s beat enjoyed with others. People’s reactions can be hilarious and really make it a lot of fun. There’s some pretty good jokes in there.

Wise. It’s truly awful.

2 Likes

Mom went digging and found some serious gems. 200 what? Anyone know? This was 86 or 87

3 Likes

If it’s 1989 … 200 year anniversary of the Constitution

1 Like

Oh man maybe I am that old

1 Like

Written in 87, ratified in 88 and operation in 89 … so could have been 1987, 1988 or 1989

2 Likes

I love CBJ, but the walk-around characters are pretty weird.

5 Likes

I have to say—I don’t think I found them scary as a child, but when I went back as an adult, I was like, WTF are these scary things???

2 Likes