The Bad Advice Thread

(MILD SPOILERS FOR ROTR QUEUE)

This reminds me (on a completely different level …) when I was at RotR last month, I was in the interrogation area and I was pressing all the pretend buttons and examining the port that droids can connect into, etc. Then I started looking at the buttons higher up and almost pressed one before I realized that it was the real buttons that CMs use. :grimacing: I almost got in trouble. A few minutes later, the First Order guard said (playfully), “Don’t think I didn’t see what you were trying to do there.” :flushed::joy:

11 Likes

It’s a crazy market here though. My next door neighbors house went up for sale. The realtor took offers for 7 days. Some buyers even say they don’t need inspections. I’d be surprised if it didn’t sell for more than listed price. I even heard the new buyers need to do some fixing up before moving in and that there is a hole in a wall to repair. :hushed: What a sellers market…

Sorry Jeff, I’m off topic :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yep, did the same at the time. Sad. I still remember those images sometimes.

OMG :scream: lol

1 Like

Great time to sell!! You will be able to enjoy future WDW trips with the profit. Let the bidding wars begin!

ETA: oh, you are also a buyer. Hm, yeah.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Just closed on a house. Placed the offer 20 min after the house showed up on Zillow. Offer above asking price. Other offers on the same day significantly higher. We won because our offer had fewer contingencies :muscle:

5 Likes

Wow, congrats!

2 Likes

Yeah. Most people actually state that they expect to be able to walk across the floor without falling through it. Good thing you didn’t make such a stipulation!

:laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you
I will tell you if it was a good deal in a year (so far, all good, but we haven’t moved in yet :grimacing:)

2 Likes

Yes, the real estate market is crazy hot right now.

It is impossible to buy a house with contingencies.

I’m buying a second house without selling my current house first or at least having it under contract.

We agreed to buy this new house without a contingency for selling our old house first, the new house getting appraised for the loan value or for us getting final approval for financing (we did get a pre-approval).

I don’t if I should be a bit scared that I’m posting this in “The Bad Advice Thread”

6 Likes

I’m having high stress flashbacks by reading this…. The best of luck!!! May the financial force be with you!

(Very appropriate discussion for the bad advice thread. We want our enemy to make reckless financial decisions, so they can no longer afford Disney vacations :joy: Go ahead enemy, no inspection needed, that money pit is really a fixer upper!)

3 Likes

How much work do y’all plan to do before putting it on the market? We’re about to sell ours and I can’t decide if we should even bother fixing anything or painting or whatever.

2 Likes

$100K over asking is not out of the question right now. Makes me want to sell.

But then I’d have to buy or rent so…

6 Likes

Yeah there is no safety net for buyers right now. I’m glad I don’t need to be looking

4 Likes

In this market, as is will still sell easily

3 Likes

Glad I bought last year as my house would be well out of my budget this year. A neighbor just sold for about 75K over asking with 17 offers on same day of listing. Crazy stuff.

2 Likes

Maybe you all have seen this, but it’s super accurate.

6 Likes

My house’s Zillow value is 55% higher than what I bought it for (new build) 3 years ago. In fact, some homes on the market in my neighborhood imply that my home has doubled in value. Insanity. Insanity.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen this. It’s accurate (and sad).

I was reading that the banks are making it very difficult to get a loan so that there is no spike of foreclosures down the road.

1 Like