That was then, this is now

As of May 19, 2016 we got 2 weeks use (through 6/2) on the mugs, and I saw a handful of people using old mugs (the ones with the gang at the pool) to get iced tea and hot beverages because those don’t have the sensors.

One big change we’ve struggled with is that there is never (referring to trips in late August 2015, early December 2015, and mid-May 2016) availability anywhere for table service without an ADR anymore… we’ve been told either “we’re currently seating only those with reservations” or “we won’t be able to take any walk-ins until after 9:00pm… you can check back then” every single time we tried.

2 Likes

That’s a good one!

I am having visions of people googling things to look for and then walking around MK talking to trash cans! That is a great one!

2 Likes

Sfl

I remember when I first was making ADR’s by phone (no doing it on the computer!) and I couldn’t work out the phone number as in the UK we don’t use words to replace numbers…so WDW DINE baffled me for ages…doh!! So much easier now but I do miss chatting to the CM’s :confused:

4 Likes

I still sometimes call, especially if I want to just look for a reservation at any time over a range of dates. I’ve had CMs on the phone be able to work magic (like when Hollywood & Vine breakfast was completely booked for all times, 180 days out for my entire 7 day trip in early December, and he thought it was as weird as I did, so he took my number and the next day I got a call saying they were indeed oddly full but that he’d gotten us in) or be able to make split-table reservations for larger groups.

2 Likes

When we go to Disney next we will be celebrating a birthday and wedding anniversary, so I will probably call to make ADR’s as the CM’s are really great at trying to sort out something special for you. The last time we went for our anniversary the CM was brilliant, his anniversary was the same day as ours and we had a lovely chat and he pulled out all the stops to get us what we wanted and made it super special :smile:

1 Like