That was then, this is now

Cancelling tier 2 FPs to make additional tier 1 FPs:

Before recent FP changes (April 2016) if you hooked FPs in Epcot or Hollywood Studios you could cancel the tier 2 FPs and after you used your tier 1 you could go to a kiosk and try to get another. Now, if you cancel your tier 2 FPs in Epcot and try to hook another tier 1 at Epcot- you will not be allowed to book until you use the tier 2. You also cannot just let them lapse- they do not count as used (May 2016)

2 Likes

I’m trying to think. It all gets muddled in this brain. LOL

3 Likes

I have another!

Pre 2015? Refillable mugs: before your trip “some people” would google the current design of the refillable mugs. Of course others really didn’t care and they would just bring any old refillable mug and use it on your trip. (Many interesting threads in chat were created on this topic) If you did buy a mug it was only intended for use at the resort you are staying at.

Now: there is a chip in each mug. For a while the mugs costs a different price and were good for different lengths of time. With these changes mugs were also allowed to be used at any resort.

Now, the mugs are activated for a determined time (word has as of May 2016 that it is 30 days?). An old mug could be used for ice water and may get you dirty looks if you used it for coffee😉

2 Likes

Interesting thread - I’ll try to think of some outdated tips that are still seen out there.

2 Likes

You cannot yell “Andy’s coming” to the Toy Story characters. They WILL NOT fall to the ground

7 Likes

You can still see what’s available FP wise before canceling current selections. How to check for FP availability in another park without losing the current FP selections

4 Likes

Thank you!

Thought of another!

You used to have to scan your ticket and fingerprint in order to use FPs. This is no longer true. Someone in your party sleeping? Take their MB and use their FPs! You have a friend with an AP- yup- you can borrow their MB, have them book FPs and use them.

2 Likes

You used to be able to ask to ride in the front of the monorail. You can no longer do that. No guests are allowed in the front. :frowning: (One of my most hated changes)

3 Likes

I miss that, too. I still have my “monorail pilot’s license” in my wallet!

1 Like

But can you now book a tier 1 FP in a different park? Say I FP Frozen at 9am , then cancel my others, can I book a Beauty & the Beast FP in HS?

You no longer have to book 3. Just book Frozen and then book your other park once Frozen is done!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not planning it, but it’s good to know what you can do.

Another thread made me think of this one:

Once upon a time you used to be able to pick up the phone in your room and talk to the front desk, bell services, house keeping. Now? You call a call center. If you have an issue they issue a “work order” they can see if the “ticket has been picked up” but they cannot tell you response time. Not your experience? This happened twice in April 2016 to me (in my defense I was with a 20 month old and who would know that dumping chips all over the rug would be funny?). At AKL the response was over an hour with the above conversation. At Poly it was much quicker but they did ask what resort I was calling from…

I did not know this!

All of the trash cans in Tomorrowland are just trash cans. I miss PUSH.

2 Likes

Push isn’t there anymore?! That was one of our favorite distractions!

1 Like

Nope, Push was sent to the Great Garbage Dump In The Sky last year: PUSH the Talking Trash Can No Longer Appearing at Magic Kingdom | TouringPlans.com Blog

As of May 19, 2016 we got 2 weeks use (through 6/2) on the mugs, and I saw a handful of people using old mugs (the ones with the gang at the pool) to get iced tea and hot beverages because those don’t have the sensors.

One big change we’ve struggled with is that there is never (referring to trips in late August 2015, early December 2015, and mid-May 2016) availability anywhere for table service without an ADR anymore… we’ve been told either “we’re currently seating only those with reservations” or “we won’t be able to take any walk-ins until after 9:00pm… you can check back then” every single time we tried.

2 Likes

That’s a good one!