That’s a lot of Simoleons

That would be a deal, if it only took $99 to achieve that. My airfare alone is usually $500!

2 Likes

Hah! Yes, it WOULD be a deal. :laughing:

That’s the problem with coming from so far away. It’s easy to trick yourself into thinking $99 isn’t much because you’ve already spent a couple of thousand getting there. That’s why we only go every few years. To limit the damage.

Disney Logic is a special kind of subject they don’t teach in school. Thank goodness!

4 Likes

It so is. I somehow use this logic often to justify adding another day to the trip as if that would save me money.:rofl:

4 Likes

I’m using it to add dessert parties to MVMCP! Only Disney can get me to spend extra money to get “more” out of the money I’ve already spent!!

5 Likes

It’s crazy!
Yes, my 13 year old needs a $200 lightsaber.

4 Likes

All 3 of my kids need $100 droids! Even the 2 year old!

4 Likes

Of course! Take my money Disney!

2 Likes

DH put his foot down on this one- the voice started going octaves higher when I tried to explain to him the benefits of the “party”. We’re a family of six, so he couldn’t rationalize paying $600 for a bunch of desserts and to spread our wings for a 20 minute fireworks show. He’s been a trooper with other upcharges, but this one could not be justified with any kind of Disney logic :frowning: :joy:

4 Likes

All right. Time for the more advanced course- Disney Math. :rofl:

I believe @Dreamer and @kerrilux_625778 might teach a master class. :wink:

If not, I’ll have a couple sections of WDW Financial Philosophy opening in the spring semester.

Topics will include:

“Why Schroedinger’s Cat means your credit card bill isn’t really high until you actually look at it.”

“Kant’s Categorical Imperative implies everyone would spend $500 at V & A if they were in your shoes.”

and last, but not least-

“Quantum theory explains why, given enough time, one could randomly end up at Bay Lake Towers instead of a perfectly nice hotel on International Drive.” It could happen!

5 Likes

I’m actually skipping this one this trip!!

2 Likes

I’ve never been to V & A.

I follow Aristotle’s Golden Mean- which means I’m not eating at Pecos Bill’s, either.:wink:

1 Like

We went last year for our anniversary. So good. Worth every penny. At this point in life I don’t think we will go every visit, but I think it’s on our list of things to do every couple of years.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Disney math logic really involves not even looking at it.

2 Likes

I am clearly not cut out for this thread.

I am interested to see the difference in fireworks viewing this trip vs all my other visits. We’ve never needed an up charge event to get a great view. I will either learn “the hard way” or come back just as perplexed.

2 Likes

Will you be going to see HEA on a nonparty night?

I plan to.

ETA Or do I?!
I have to check my plans!!!

1 Like

I’m with you. We had no problem getting a great view with space around us in the hub on our last trip walking up 25 mins before HEA started. Afterwards we couldn’t get out of the hub, but it was fine for HEA. But…it will be much busier during party season.

1 Like

It appears that I am not!!! I need to evaluate my schedule. Fireworks are my favorite part of WDW.

Truth. We originally added MVMCP because that was the only way we would be able to try dinner at BOG. That was something DH really wanted to do. It has been almost 15 years since we had dinner in a castle, and I think he misses nights like that. Since that is also the best way to spend a whole day at MK while we are there, we would have decided to go anyway.

1 Like