Thank you to these boards / a solo trip iN tHiS eCOnomY?

Point 1: Solo trips are awesome.

Point 2: It’s your money. Spend it however you damn well please.

Point 3: Anyone who says Disney World is for kids has either never been or doesn’t have a soul. Also, do kids drink a lot of alcohol, because there’s a lot of it on sale at Disney World.

25 Likes

Ignore those killjoys.

You’ll have an awesome time and I bet you’ll be planning another solo trip before too long. :blush:

9 Likes

I am sure you will have the most awesome time - and we will all love to follow along if you let us.

5 Likes

I wish I had enough Marriott points for Swan or Dolphin!

Solo trips are great! I was dubious of them at first but I went to DLR twice this year by myself. People here encouraged me to go. I did what I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wandered all the stores, stopped and enjoyed the moments… I didn’t have to accommodate anyone! The only problem I had with solo trips was that I couldn’t enjoy all the snacks I wanted. There was too much I wanted to eat and it would be wasteful to each just half of each snack. I’m really thankful DH never gave me a hard time going or all the money I spent each time!

Enjoy yourself and don’t worry about what other people say. It is your money and your time.

10 Likes

following. have a great time!

4 Likes

What a twist! My mom went into the hospital tonight so I can’t go to WDW anyway.
Thanks to all who replied so kindly. I will have to get to work cancelling everything when things settle down.

8 Likes

Oh my! I’m so sorry to hear this and I hope she is well soon!

5 Likes

Can anyone tell me if they need a party ticket for 12/8 and also how to assign it to you?

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your mom and you postponed trip. I hope she gets well soon and that you can still get your trip in the not too distant future whether it’s solo or not.

6 Likes

Terribly sorry to hear this!

5 Likes

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I hope she will be ok.

2 Likes

If you call WDW and explain the circumstance they may refund your money. Had a similar experience and they were able to give us a credit.

3 Likes

Thank you for this suggestion. It did not occur to me until your post but I called and it was a no from Disney.

1 Like

That really fucks me off. They will re-sell that ticket in an instant.

I loathe these kinds of corporate practice.

4 Likes

Call back and ask someone else.

The really consistent thing about Disney Guest Services is the inconsistency.

9 Likes

Interestingly when I called back I was told to keep the confirmation email and use it for a credit on a special event next year. Thank you for suggesting calling and calling back!

8 Likes

That works!

Glad you got it sorted.

4 Likes

This is why @OBNurseNH is a voice of reason in a sea of noise

4 Likes

Concrete evidence!

I’m so sorry and hope your mom feels better soon.

1 Like