Thank you to these boards / a solo trip iN tHiS eCOnomY?

I wanted to say thanks to the kind people on these boards. I am not that active since I don’t have much experience with WDW or helpful information. I’ve gone twice as an adult and once as a kid when there was only Magic Kingdom. (That creaking you hear is my joints.)

I had a trip for 4 planned for next week which dwindled to just me and I am getting non-stop judgment and grief for going by myself especially from the people who dropped out.

My flight is paid with points. My hotel is paid with points. I have years of Disney and Uber gift cards to use. I am not paying for much at all and still seemingly everyone wants to give me constant crap about going aLonE, iN THiS eCOnomY and LEAvIng tOwn dUrIng hOLIdAy pLAnnIng!!! Plus dIsnEy Is fOr kIds!!!

TBH I don’t spend much care or money on myself so I think it’s ok. It’s just a bummer that I am the only one who feels this way! It was often a relief to come to these boards and find people who think it’s actually fine to go to Disney World and not extremely aberrant behavior.

TL:dr – thank you to the nice people on these boards!

28 Likes

:pouting_cat: they need to get over themselves.

It’s more than okay!!! It’s an awesome opportunity to do what you want without catering to others.

When are you leaving and where will you be staying?

10 Likes

12/6-11 at the Swan courtesy of Marriott points!

14 Likes

UGH! A coworker and lifelong friend of 22 years said this same thing to me (I got multiple times a year and have done two solo trips so far). Feel sorry for them…they don’t remember how to appreciate magic! (Sorta like Chapek who I read on here said animation was for kids!). These people are obviously not fun like you are! :wink:

13 Likes

Wow. That is totally not fair that you 4 had the trip planned and then 3 dropped out and apparently tried to bring you down with them. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You don’t have to be “experienced” to be active here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I encourage you to start a Trip Report so that you have “friends” to keep you company during your solo trip!

23 Likes

Definitely post all food photos! :blush:

And ask plenty of questions ! ! :grin:

Aside from helping us feel useful, it helps pass the time til our next trip(s).

14 Likes

There are several of us here solo right now. Go live your best life! And screw those joy killers.

14 Likes

How exciting! You get deluxe hours there! Great location. Definitely do a trip report.

10 Likes

Well you won’t get that here. And if those folks are being so noisy about it perhaps they shouldn’t have dropped out in the first place. If you look at my profile, the full one, you’ll see that I say “I love touring with my family, might love touring solo even more”. Solo trips are especially magical. Go and enjoy! And if you’re feeling especially extroverted - post a live trip report! We are 'Ohana here and that means family and family means nobody has to travel alone if they don’t want to - we’re happy to tag along virtually :smiley:

Tune out the noise. You deserve to treat yourself. You’re accountable to yourself (and, if you have one, your partner/spouse if you share finances). If you’re not asking anyone to pay for your trip, they don’t get to say if it’s a wise choice or not! :slight_smile:

We are excited for you. I hope you’ll post - even if not as a trip report, just in the threads all around! We’re glad you’re here!

19 Likes

Welcome, enjoy your trip, we are your people!!

7 Likes

I hope you have an amazing time on your trip!!

6 Likes

Go, enjoy, and have all the fun!

6 Likes

I think more people would travel alone if they had the courage. You are going to have a great time and we’re so happy for you!!!

12 Likes

Thank you for all these kind replies! I will try to post photos of any uncommon food items I find. Is there an app to use for the forum?

5 Likes

There isn’t. But you can create a shortcut to it on your Home Screen and then it will be almost just like it’s an app

5 Likes

Truth. I really enjoyed my solo trip.

5 Likes

Yes sort of. It’s not a traditional app. It’s a Progressive Web App that puts an icon on your phone. Here are some images I had from a previous discussion:

9558ea2b8c4e9d985edf96ce393ec5eab04ef26c_2_236x500e2af7e600dd1ca563056efc45c7298022ed76976_2_236x500
293002bc89d75ab08d0e6182a633e7cc3996b20f_2_320x250

3 Likes

I don’t have that I don’t think. I’m on Apple. And for me it’s the little box on the bottom of the screen with the up arrow in it. Then I select “add to Home Screen”

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the Chrome vs. Safari browser difference.

4 Likes

Sweet! I’m in!

5 Likes