Thank You Friend - Planning Thread - March 2025

Ok I checked AAA and they also have the same deal and I think technically would save about $7 per ticket BUT they do not have the language of the 365 day money back guarantee. Plus, they don’t even have UOR tickets for our date yet (and they won’t have the money back deal either) but comparing to a similar UT UOR ticket they will be somewhere $10-15 more. Hard to completely tell because AAA only adds taxes and fees once you have the tickets in the cart and I didn’t want to take it that far. UT gives full disclosure on the price page.

I’m glad I checked it out just to be sure. So again thanks @SJCricket!! It’s too bad AAA doesn’t have the relationship they used to with Disney, but the UT 365 day money back guarantee is very hard to beat when wanting to lock in prices so far in advance.

4 Likes

I think the guarantee is important. I hope all goes well and your plans all work – as they should! – but I like the idea of being able to get the money back. Just check with UT about linking the tickets because I think that once they are linked you can’t undo that.

3 Likes

For the reveal I’m thinking about just getting a “ticket” like one of these…

Then when things are closer give him a 100 days countdown poster.

I think we will try to keep Harry Potter a surprise and maybe reveal it on the trip with Mischief Managed shirts for everyone like these.

Though I would have a hard time choosing between Manager and the Butterbeer shirts! :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I actually did unlink and return tickets with them once because like 3 days after purchasing the tickets they had a better deal. I even had already gotten park ressies and it all worked out perfectly. Now if you aren’t repurchasing tickets for a lower price but just your money back, then they do keep a small % like 3 or 4? which I’m fine with since with Disney directly you are likely stuck with just a credit.

So I am a big UT fan since they have always done right by us. The process for the “return” was a bit odd but the worked exactly as the customer service person said it would.

2 Likes

Plus I want to purchase as much as possible now, to unlock some of the “perks” on the Amex cards!

This is so fun to think about. DF really deserves to have a magical vacation. I told her when we talked that she and her family are all my family because they all have been so wonderful to DH and I. She teared up a bit at that.

Also, if DH is not doing as well then as he is now, they are absolutely the best people we could be with to help and understand, because FUCK cancer!!

5 Likes

This sounds like such a lovely trip!

FYI, UT advertises a best price guarantee. So if the AAA price is actually better, you can email them with the link and ask to be refunded the difference. It was a pain, and required follow-up, but I did it and can tell you UT came through with the refund to match the better price. Give it a try!

2 Likes

I saw that but it also says something about it not applying to paid memberships. Were you dealing with a AAA price? Because I will totally deal with that if you did and were successful.

Oh man, I didn’t see that fine print. No, mine was from Boardwalk Ticketing. But… every time I’ve ever used TP’s ticket calculator, Boardwalk Ticketing always comes up as the cheapest. So it’s at least worth checking their price to see if it beats UT.

1 Like

That I will do!! Thanks for the intel!!

1 Like

Ooooh!! Great idea!

1 Like

They have princess ones on etsy that would totally work for your niece!! I can screenshot or send you links if you want. Does she have a favorite?

1 Like

Went back and saw the Anna stuff let me look…

1 Like

She loves Stitch! I don’t think she has a favorite princess…

1 Like

Cool I’ll get you the link for the Stitch stuff!!

1 Like

Couldn’t get a link to work so here is a screenshot of the seller info on etsy.

Here’s another Stitch one. Completely customizable.

1 Like

Nice! Thank you!

1 Like

Love the tickets! I normally much prefer Stitch to Mickey, BUT for some reason I prefer the Mickey ticket in this case.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I think it’s the Save the Date which fits better with a long lead time. I love Stitch obviously, but I may go with Mickey. Truly there are no wrong choices.

2 Likes

Oh, and can I say that it is very disappointing how many cute designs on Etsy use Disneyworld rather than Disney World :angry::woman_facepalming: ruining otherwise wonderful items. Also, using the same castle for Disneyland and Disney World​:scream:! Just shocking and disappointing.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

2 Likes

@NervousRex do you remember which movies in particular you had on your bootcamp list? Since we have a year that would be an easy and fun thing to scatter out and get together with them maybe once a month or so to get ready and maybe get excitement going.

I’m thinking the original Pirates and the new Haunted Mansion are definitely going on the list. Finding Nemo and if it’s still going to be there, A Bugs Life. Peter Pan. Tangled. Guardians of the Galaxy. Coco. Wow that’s 7 off the top of my head.

I’ll have to ask how much Indy and Star Wars they’ve watched. Just because we are super familiar doesn’t mean they are.

Anyway, I’d love to know which ones were on your list, if you remember!

1 Like