Text Messages from Reservation Finder

If anyone has noticed issues with text message notifications from the Reservation Finder, we are currently experiencing a problem with our text messaging provider. As a result of that problem, sometimes text messages are not sent successfully. This appears to have started around September 9.

If you have an active search in place, I recommend that you add an email address so that you can be notified that way. I know that is not always as fast as a text message, but it’s better than nothing. You may also want to check your searches to make sure that the ones you want to be active are active: you may have missed that some need to be restarted.

We’re working with our provider on the problem and will let you know once it is fixed. We have no estimate as to when this will be fixed, but we’re obviously hoping to resolve this as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

I wondered why I didn’t get a text - thank you for the update :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!

Depending on your mobile device and email provider (gmail etc…), you can get a push notification as soon as an email arrives, that’ll help w/ the speed of seeing the message as well…I know gmail does send a push to my iPhone and Apple Watch as soon as I get something I have flagged…

We’re still working on this, and I apologize for the continued problem.

As you might imagine, we send a lot of text messages. Without informing us, our provider implemented a limit on the number of text messages we can send each month, and we blew past that limit just 9 days into September. We have requested that this limit be increased.

It appears that our provider fixed this problem late this afternoon (around 5:30 PM EDT), so text messaging from the Reservation Finder should resume. If there are further problems, please email webmaster@touringplans.com.

Again, I apologize for this problem.

2 Likes

Thank you TP team for this service and the efforts you put into it!!!

1 Like

Thank You!!