Test track

Ds5 is finally wanting to try TT out… We will be at mnsshp beginning of October and I’m trying to sway dh into getting SPs again… Anyways… If ds and I hit rd at Epcot and head to TT, will we be able to build the car and not have a super super long wait? I have no idea how the TT que works! Any info would be great! Thanks!!!

If you are near the front of the line and walk with purpose, you should be able to do it. I did exactly that last year, mid October. Walked very quickly there from the international gate. Short wait, but not prohibitive – I don’t remember exactly. We were able to build the car and ride without a FP.

1 Like

We went in late April, just missed RD (EMH day, we were probably 5-10 minutes late). Went straight to TT without a FPP, and found a posted wait time of 30 min… however the actual wait was far shorter, 10 minutes (15 at the outside).

1 Like

We arrived around 8.20am, were near the front of the crowd to the left of Spaceship earth at rope drop. Like everyone said, walk with purpose and you’ll walk straight through the line area. We literally just walked through, with maybe a 5 minute wait before going into the car design area.
We were off Test Track by 9.15am.
Once we were off that we headed over to Soarin - posted wait 30 minutes, actual was about 15. Once we were in, we asked if we could be front and centre as it was our last day, so we waited maybe another 5min for the next load.
So it’s possible to do both without FP, if you are focused! :smile:
(just checked, that day was a crowd level 7)

Of course, if you don’t want to arrive early, waiting 40 minutes for the ride is probably a cooler option then standing in the heat at RD…

1 Like

I doubt that you’d end up with more than a 20 minute wait. I did an Akershus pre-RD breakfast last year, but it ended up running late, so we didn’t make it to TT until close to 9:30 (9am park opening). We waited about 20 minutes.

1 Like

That’s awesome… We haven’t been on either ride so maybe we could try for that… Only problem I see is getting up after mnsshp!!! Hahahaha!!! Look like my October day is a 3 on the crowd calendar so we might be ok… I also need to talk dh into renewing me/kids SPs… Oh goodness! Thanks!!!

2 Likes