Test Track ?s

I haven’t been to EPCOT since Test Track was redone with the car builder feature.

Is this something you have to do or can you just walk by it and get into the line for the ride?

I have no interest in designing a fictitious car.

You can skip it. You can still scan your Magic Band at the ride & it will give you a default fictitious car if you want.

You don’t have to do it - but it’s actually kind of fun. If you do, there are some fun activities in the post show area that you can do. But if all you are interested in is the ride, just skip it.

Just to clarify, the line for the ride automatically goes through the design room, so it doesn’t really add any time to the ride, and it gives you something to do while waiting.

To reiterate what others have said, you don’t have to do it, but it doesn’t save any time, and it’s fun even if you don’t care at all about cars. I had a wonderful time decorating mine and ignoring any functionality.

2 Likes

If you’re with children, they do get a kick out of seeing the (supposed) performance score of their car design as you go through the ride. But as others have said you can ignore it if you like.