Test Track Refurbishment

Hearing Test Track will close sometime in July for a year long much needed make over

2 Likes

Hopefully this is the rework that GM is financing. Should be a major overhaul.

2 Likes

Can they make it Radiator Springs. That ride is so much more fun.

5 Likes

I agree but it will never happen unfortunately. The concept art they released looked the same but more high tech.

2 Likes

:scream: I hope it doesn’t close before my family gets to ride it! We missed out last time and this is on DS8’s wishlist!

2 Likes

Turn it into RSR!!!

3 Likes

GM is sponsoring the ride, and it sounds like it will return to something that harkens back to the World Of Motion attraction it started out to be. What that means, exactly, we don’t know.

4 Likes

:brain:

2 Likes

Yes it is. Reports are it’s a $100mm budget.

1 Like

Says late July

1 Like

My guess is they will somehow cover the track so it will still be able to be used even when it’s raining and drastically reduce downtime while preserving the “thrill” of the outdoor 64.9mph open air ride

5 Likes

This is DS favorite, possibly in all of WDW (to each their own). We head there mid-July, if this is closed I may not get him into Epcot at all!

2 Likes

Please please PLEASE let them do this! :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

General Motors is funding a massive update to the pavilion they’ve sponsored in EPCOT since 1982.

Exclusive information available to Mickey Views suggests this latest update is projected to take a full year of construction work at a cost nearing $100 million dollars. Further details on the update such as changes to the theming and attraction plot will be revealed in the near future.

2 Likes

That does not bode well for ride capacity in Epcot.

2 Likes

… nor LL availability for Remy and FEA. It will likely also make Soarin’ LL return times later than they are currently.

2 Likes

Awww man, this is so up my son’s alley, and he’s just now tall enough and we have a trip planned for early 2025. Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to plan another trip soon after! >:)

:-1: Boo. Test Track is closing for refurbishment on June 17. That means my family will miss it again.

Maybe I can distract them with Mission Space as a “replacement”? Also, what do we think of the Encanto show that’s opening June 10? I’m glad Disney is trying to provide other options for capacity before they close Test Track, but I wonder if it will be enough.

1 Like

There will be more space with the new CommuniCore plaza. I hope it’s enough.

2 Likes