Terrible Anxiety over Disney Trip & If my Touring plans are right! :(

We didn’t even eat QS unless we could MO there. Exception was Sunshine Seasons since it’s like a cafeteria and no real waiting needed. MO will save your sanity. I can’t believe people wait in line for 45 minutes to order a burger. I mean, I know they need to eat and all, but I would lose my mind…

4 Likes

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much everyone.
I have listened to all of you and its all be a massive help.
I have changed the time of arrival to 8am as just realised I had it as 9, but technically it opens at 7am.
I have taken off splash mountain and TS Island to give us more free wiggle time an will add those to the 2nd day as we seem to have more time then as that’s the 3rd Jan.

Thanks for noting the QS as that’s definitely something I plan on using to que less :slight_smile:
My kids are 14 and 7, I think we will end up getting a buggy for the 7 year old as its just too long a day otherwise.

Will plan on looking for a firework spot at 11pm ready for midnight.

You’re all absolutely right about just enjoying and that we are very very privileged to be able to go to such a magical place and we really genuinely don’t that for granted. I think I just want it to be a holiday of a lifetime as it will be the first and probably last time we will ever do it so just want it to go well

Thanks all xxx

4 Likes

A few other things. 1) I’d skip Barnstormer altogether unless you get a FPP for it. It’s super short and will be less than thrilling after doing the other coasters. 2) make sure to pre-order at BOG. Standing in that line is super boring, ha. 3) You can use MO where it’s available and purchase your meal at any point that day, then hit “I’m here” when you’re about five minutes from wanting your food. 4) I also might go straight to 7DMT instead of WTP first. Maybe that early it doesn’t matter (we didn’t RD it) but I can’t imagine that the line ever gets shorter as the day progresses.

1 Like

Just got back from there with my 7-year-old son. He didn’t want us to bring the old stroller, said he wasn’t a baby. We brought the stroller. He spent the entire trip in the stroller. Bring a stroller !!! :rofl:

As said previously, with kids that age, Barnstormer is a complete waste of time IMO.

1 Like

Ok removed barnstormer so now we have more time to find a spot for fireworks.
Any tips for best placed to sit and watch so we can see projections on castle and fireworks?
x
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3155048

What you are going through is perfectly normal. I had a full-on meltdown the night before the trip I’m currently on.

The point of the planning is not so much to have a plan as to have encyclopedic knowledge of what’s available, when it’s available, and where it all is. That way you can adjust to conditions on the ground on the day.

I hope you know about the “modify” trick. You can keep forcing MDE to give you new options for FPPs. And sometimes magical things happen and something you thought you’d never get comes up. This is especially useful on the day after you’ve used your first three. Oh, and mobile ordering for quick service restaurants. It’s a huge time-saver.

Things will go wrong. But so many more things will go right. And if you total up the number of amazing experiences you’ll lose count. So many magical moments each day. Some of which will be entirely unplanned. On my first trip the second we arrived at MK they started a mini-parade — almost as if it were just for me! Today, after a long and tiring morning and afternoon, I headed off back to the hotel to be interrupted by a wonderful performance by the Dapper Dans on Main Street. I hadn’t even thought to schedule that.

Focus on the successes — of which there will be many — and not the disappointments, of which there will be a few.

7 Likes

I don’t have any other advice, but just stopped by to say I was about to post something with a very similar title. Planning this time around is causing me great anxiety. I don’t want to over plan, but am worried about how to plan which park, which day and what each day is going to look like. I’m an anxious person and my system is on high alert right now and our upcoming trip is difficult for me to think about. I really would like someone else to plan it for me, tbh. Anyway, everyone around here has been very kind and helpful.

2 Likes

Mic drop.

6 Likes

I noticed after steps 8 and 10 you have over 100 minutes of free time. Was that intended? Maybe someone else already mentioned, but if you move other attractions to earlier it may “naturally” give you more time to find a spot for Fire Works

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. @profmatt I’ve not heard of the FPP modify trick so I’m going to see if I can find some posts on that so thank you so much.
You are all absolutely right in that the plans shouldn’t rule the holiday, and I promise promise promise that I will do my absolute best to just enjoy and take in the magic. I’ve been dreaming of this for the past 40 years! I just want it to be the holiday of a lifetime that everyone hopes for x

3 Likes

Here is @OBNurseNH’s Magnum Opus on the subject.

4 Likes

We are leaving tomorrow for DW…how do you mobile order at a quick service restaurant?? I must know…

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, do this. Take your plan and first go on the first 2 or 3 rides. Then get the lines app, and select done for those attractions. Then hit optimize again. It will make sure you get the best plan for that day. Do that repeatedly throughout the day.

I didn’t do this when I went, just basically going off the plan I had printed, but I have heard that it makes a lot of difference.

And the bottom line is this - RELAX. You’re on vacation.

1 Like

When you find out, tell all of us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I’m on my vacation now and today there’s been a tornado warning and torrential rain. I totally cancelled my plans at DHS.

BUT it doesn’t matter! Thanks to my own knowledge and research — and the very fine people on these forums — I came up with an alternative plan and I’ve had a great day so far. Sometimes doing unplanned, unexpected, spontaneous things is better than slavishly following a schedule.

4 Likes

Apparently you can do it through your Disney World App. You can order it and then you can let them know when you are 5 minutes away and they will prepare it ready for you to collect. Obviously not done it yet, but plan to. Look on Ap, click on order food and I think its pretty straight forward. Hope you have a truly magical time. I think the bad weather will only last a day or so then its going to get really warm :slight_smile: x

1 Like

I’m so proud of you!!!

2 Likes

Hehehehehehe Thanks you xxx

Get on the MDE app and on the home screen there should be an “order food” button. You can practice now, just don’t actually purchase anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We did this on our last trip and it was amazing. After only a few hours, DH, all three DSs and DMIL were all extremely impressed with how we were bypassing busy lines in favor of shorter ones and going back when long lines had shortened. It did change our original TP constantly, but we weren’t hung up on any particular order and it was well worth it in the end! I always recommend this to people who want to be sure to get as much done as possible.

2 Likes