Terrace Dessert Party - how long can I linger after?

I’m thinking about doing a dessert party to celebrate my marathon finish in January. I’ve never done the seated terrace version and it sounds very appealing since I will not want to stand at all after putting in 60,000 steps that day. Also, binging on champagne right up until the show also sounds great.

My question is what is the protocol after the fireworks? Is everyone ushered out straight away to make room for the “after party”? Can I linger for a while and finish my beverage(s) while watching the sea of humanity leave the park?

1 Like

I’m not sure when or if you will be asked to leave but I do know the after party is in the upper seating area so an entirely different area than the seats and treats peeps. I would bet you could just sit as long as you wanted and the CM’s would just start cleaning around you eventually.

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking and hoping for.

@LTinNC82 and I were the last ones out… can’t remember if they asked us to leave, but I know they couldn’t until we did. They will clean everything up, shut down the food and drinks etc.

1 Like

They don’t exactly throw you out, but it will be obvious they want you out of there so they clean up and leave. I tried to savor the last of my drink and I think 3 people asked us if we needed anything and they were aggressively clearing all the tables asap.

1 Like

When do they shut down the drinks? When the show starts?

1 Like

Pretty much. You should grab whatever you want before they start.

2 Likes

Will they let me take 2-3 glasses at a time or will they limit me to 1? I promise I’m not an alcoholic… I’m just thinking my plan will be to grab 2-3 glasses of champagne at the last minute to enjoy during the show and a little after until I’m ready to leave.

I’m really starting to like this plan!

3 Likes

I’m gonna do this in Dec so I can report to you how it is. I’ve done a couple of dessert parties. I’ve done the before and after one. Of course, for the before one we moved into the garden prior to the fireworks. For the post one they didn’t kick us out.

3 Likes

I took 2 at a time because I was getting for my mom and me.

2 Likes

I think we had several glasses of many things at our table at one time… so horde the wine :laughing: or beer :beers:

2 Likes

I always grabbed multiples. They don’t know you aren’t the beverage getter for your party of 6…

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes. So why limit myself to carrying 2-3 at a time when I could get 6? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You’ve got 2 hands… easy peasy.

1 Like

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl: :laughing: :rofl:

I wonder if I purchase some kind of oversized souvenir glass in MK earlier in the evening, if they will fill it up for me. I’m thinking something at that glassworks shop maybe. I might try.

1 Like

They line up glasses of beer/wine/champagne for you to grab and go so you can keep grabbing to fill up your giant bottle or something.

2 Likes

They can’t give you champagne in anything other than the champagne flutes, but they will absolutely give you an empty red wine glass to pour your several champagnes into (my friend might have done this at MNSSHP last month) so I’m sure pouring it into your own vessel is probably okay, but they might not let you leave with it.

1 Like