Tell me your Favorite Photopass Photo (and tips)!

I bit the bullet and bought Memory Maker for my trip next week (leaving 12/8 and will definitely do a trip report) I bought Memory Maker for our family trip June 2019 and was so happy I did. It was my kiddos first trip to WDW and worth every penny to have all of those photos. However, I did find myself wishing there were more photopass opportunities. Was I just not seeing them? Were there special locations I was unaware of? This trip coming up is just my husband and me. And, ya know, masks. So at first I decided not to do Memory Makerā€¦ then I got to thinking- whoā€™s going to take our picture?? No one wants to touch my phone! And I dont want them touching it anyway :joy: Frickinā€™ COVID. :roll_eyes: My husband and I are SO EXCITED to have this trip just the 2 of us, so Memory Maker was purchased. Now- Iā€™d love to hear your Photopass tips or experiences that may not be obvious. For example, I read somewhere that thereā€™s a cool one in Galaxyā€™s Edge where it zooms out or something. Any special holiday locations? I look forward to all of the usual photos (castle, Tree of Life, in front of the golf ball) but would love your favorite photopass experiences, locations, and tips so we can capture some fun holiday memories. I do know about Magic Shots, but if you have a favorite, that is welcome too.

Thanks for sharing :heart:

**If youā€™re feeling nostalgic or want to share, post your favorites too! **

This was my favorite from our June 2019 trip. Again, ā€œtypicalā€ in front of the castle, but I love that the photographer told us to SMUSH together

12 Likes

I think they have all the photopass spots marked on the map, or at least they used too.

My advice would be to get as many nighttime photos as possible. They look so much different even in the exact same spots.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been deliberating on this purchase as well. Hopefully current/recent travelers can tell us how to make the most of it.

1 Like

Such a great picture! Not sure if they are open right now, but our family has loved getting the shots in the photo booths. I know they have ones that are linked to Photopass in MK, AK, and at the Boardwalk. I look looking at those pics!

2 Likes

We got some fun shots at Everest. Also thereā€™s the Star Wars opps with the child between toy story and GE. We havenā€™t done any at MK yet. Iā€™ll let you know tonight :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

You probably already know this, but I just found on MDE that there is a Photo Pass tab on the drop down menu and it tells you the photographer locations for each park. I keep learning new things every day!

3 Likes

Oh, I was looking for a feature like that while we were in the parks. I didnā€™t even realize that the ā€œWait Timesā€ option on the map was a drop down until you pointed it out! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I just stumbled upon it! Who knows what else Iā€™m missingšŸ˜¬

I DID NOT KNOW THIS. Uh-Mazing. :grinning:

2 Likes

We always ask if they have any magic shots. It gets my kids to willingly participate in the pictures. But even if you donā€™t like or use the magic shots or they donā€™t have any, I have found it tends to inspire the photographer to do more creative poses or get out props and not just quickly take the usual pics. It seems like a code word for we would like a more interesting picture please :slight_smile:

3 Likes