Tell me your fave breakfast snack tip!

We plan to get to the parks early. While we’re standing around waiting, is it smart to grab breakfast in the park before RD? If so, what are your favorite breakfasts to eat that are a snack credit? Or would time be saved by grabbing a cinnamon roll at our hotel before we leave so we can focus on being “up front” for RD?

In the months leading up to our trip we buy lots of granola bars and other breakfast foods when they are on sale at home. Since we fly on Southwest we fill a suitcase with food to bring with, these are cheap and easy to eat in line for the bus or RD. Saving time and meal plan credits is great too!

1 Like

You’re better grabbing something from your hotel or like @ryanjagel mentioned having portable breakfast foods in your luggage. With the exception of MK you won’t be able to easily access breakfast inside the park before RD. At Epcot and AK there are small stands with Joffrey’s coffee and a few pastries outside the park entrances.

1 Like

Perfect! This is what I needed to know.

The boys typically have a donut and chocolate milk we have on hand in the room thanks to Garden Grocer…I usually find a cupcake in the park for breakfast…to each their own!

We usually grab pastries from France or Norway the night before for breakfast.

4 Likes

We’re planning to eat breakfast on the ride over every day.

After reading this I feel less guilty about my daughter’s breakfasts in WDW. I suggested a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and fruit each day … but it wasn’t happening with all the “better” options in her sight lines.

1 Like

We typically suspend ‘healthy’ for the duration of the trip.

4 Likes

Yeah. I mean eating healthy on vacation would be like going to Magic Kingdom and telling your family to avoid the rides. :slight_smile:

Although, I will admit that by the end of our vacations, my body is READY to eat healthy.

1 Like

The breakfast sandwiches at Boardwalk Bakery are quick, easy, and yummy. I believe they cost one snack credit?

We ordered some things from Prime Now to have for on the go snacks/breakfast. We also tended to get the kid meals while eating at our resort so we’d save the juice and apples that accompanied the meal and give those to the kids for breakfast.

The only PPO breakfast we did was BOG. H and I each got a full meal, got cupcakes for the kids and everyone was happily full for hours. I bagged the remaining pastries for later when they needed a snack.

1 Like

I personally can’t not eat badly every meal before I quickly just start to feel blah… I can’t even do it for the holidays. More than a couple days and I just feel weighed down. As long as I have my oatmeal with a banana every morning I can eat “badly” the rest of the day. We’re making oatmeal cookies to bring for the kids to eat for breakfast on days we plan to RD. Fast, healthy-ish, but still a treat…it’s a cookie! Basically a granola bar but with the stuff they like and less sugar, but they are super happy with the cookie but not with granola bars. :slight_smile: The other days they’ll just eat whatever they want in park…that’s the compromise for us.

1 Like

We got carrot cake cookies at HS while waiting to rope drop RnRC. Almost everyone else was heading to Toy Story Land, so we got our breakfast snacks and were able to eat them at an outside table and hardly anyone got in front of us.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome breakfast!

1 Like

It was a pretty great way to start our day!

2 Likes

I might have to steal your idea–I love those cookies. I guess I have always avoided all the Starbucks locations first thing in the morning because I thought they would be crazy crowded.

It wasn’t too busy in the Starbucks that morning. Of course Toy Story Land had only been open for two months and everyone was rushing to get there.

1 Like

I firmly support this breakfast. I did likewise last week. :smiley:

1 Like

When I got there, the line was up to the door, and took me about 5 mins. While I was inside, the “Star Wars” music swelled and the March of the First Order began. The line behind me was practically nil.

All this to say, if you time your visit to Trolley Car Café with the start of the MotFO, you’ll probably wait behind maybe 3 people.

2 Likes