Tell me what you like and dislike about Split-Stays

DME luggage service is not available but I believe there were reports on chat that luggage transfer is still working. Are you on chat to ask? I will post the question if you are not.

2 Likes

I know that there is no luggage service with DME. I don’t believe in split stays, so I haven’t paid any attention to within the resort.

I need to know this too – if anyone knows whether the resorts will transfer luggage from one split to another I would be grateful. Honestly, I don’t know what I will do if they do not as I don’t want to rent a car this time and planned to do the go-to-the-park-for-the-day-and-let-Disney-do-it routine.

2 Likes

Getting an Uber/Lyft is probably the best option in such a case. Take your luggage in the Uber to the other resort as soon as you checkout of the first resort, and leave it with them until your official check-in time.

Annoying if that is the case, of course.

1 Like

So you’re definitely going?

It appears so.

2 Likes

You sound so like much me when it comes to this trip.

1 Like

No i am not on chat, it would be much appreciated if you asked if someone has been able to use the resort luggage transfer

I know it is so convenient when you an just drop the bags at bell services and then pick them up at the next resort. Worst case we can just Uber

Luggage transfer is definitely available now.

We have always done split stays, other than our very first visit when we had a 10 day package.

I would only do it if we had a minimum of 4 or 5 nights in each place, because I like to get to know a resort when I’m there. We don’t do rope drop to park close ever.

We have had problems with the luggage transfer, not every move but a couple of times. Once the bags went to the YC instead of BC, the other time the bags never left Kidani and it pretty much 11:30pm before we got them. Next time I think we might move it ourselves or use Uber.

When we’re at Bay Lake we often head to MK in the evening, ditto when near Epcot we will head there in the evening for food, drinks and just wandering WS. And sometimes we ignore the night show and go do Soarin or SE instead. We tend not to plan to park hop, but we make use of the park hoppers in this way. Even if we’ve been offsite for the day, we sometimes drop in to Mk or Epcot later in the evening.

And we tend to do the parks near where we’re staying at least once during that time, but we don’t stick religiously to that. If we started at BCV, for example, I would probably still go to MK the first day.

3 Likes

@leonardotmnt just responded on chat that they called and were told luggage transfer is in place. Their stay starts Sunday so I am hoping for a report!

2 Likes

thx!

Great, thanks so much

I want to go, but also don’t want to go. So…yeah. But it’s Disney, so I gotta go! I was going to cancel but Avery really wants to wear her graduation ears in front of the castle! So much else this year has sucked for her, but this I can make happen.

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering if you would end up going! We went to DLR Spring Break of DD20’s senior year and she did pics in front of the castle there with her graduation ears. I hope you all have a lot of fun!

2 Likes

I like split stays simply because I like staying closer to the parks I’m going to. MK is fairly far from everything else, so whenever we stay at BLT only (our home resort) I feel like we’re wasting a lot of time on transportation.

3 Likes

Thanks! As of today we are going. We will see what tomorrow brings! :rofl:

3 Likes

That makes sense.

We do it frequently - me + 3 kids (10,12,15). First off, we drive, so it’s not a big deal to load stuff up in the car and move. The key is to not take or unload too much stuff! Kids have to tote their own things. I generally do it b/c I love staying at the Deluxes, but it’s too spendy for our whole typical trip length. I actually like split-stays b/c it’s fun to experience what the different resorts have to offer and to have time to explore those properties. I plan activities around where we are located on property - i.e. if we are staying on the Boardwalk or Skyliner route, then we focus on spending time in HS & EP. I don’t think it takes that much time to switch if you plan it reasonably well, especially since you don’t need to go to the front desk at all! Plus, it’s easier to pack up and move out on shorter stays - if we stay put for over 5 days, I feel like it takes FOREVER to pack up and move out of a hotel room - the kids junk accumulates and spreads like kudzu.

1 Like

Depends if dining is back in time for your trip of course, but we did this last year. One night at Pop then 6 nights at AKL. We got the deluxe dining plan for the Pop night and front-loaded our most expensive meals the first two days. It worked out great, but luggage took a lot longer than anticipated, I don’t think we got our bags until well after dinner. Definitely do your Pop stay before WL though, it would have been very disappointing to downgrade rather than upgrade for the bulk of the trip. I also did the packing cubes for the first night so most of the suitcase stayed packed until we moved.

2 Likes