I just booked EMM for both Fantasyland and Toy Story Land. These are worth the insane cost right? I’m justifying it because my wife isn’t a fan of crowds, and we are hoping to have a more relaxed tour since its our first trip with our DS5. I’m not crazy…you’re crazy…right???
We’re all crazy here…
No one can answer that one but you. Many factors involved, including:
- if the available rides are ones that interest you
- time of year you’d be going in case it would be too busy to wait otherwise or you are otherwise crowd averse
- your own personal budget (can you afford it)
For our family, doing EMM just doesn’t make sense, particularly at the MK. So it would be “crazy” for us to pay for it. But if you can afford it and feel the cost is justified, go for it.
Another question is: What would you do with the money OTHERWISE? Spend it on something else as part of the vacation? Or would you spend it on things you want/need at home?
I have never regretted spending more on an experience. I have often regretted spending less.
Well said! I completely agree.
We did EMM at TSL and Afterhours at MK in January. I am so glad we did. Highlights of our trip!
I guess it all depends on what you can afford. In my experience, every extra I paid for was always ‘‘worth’’ it, even though the prices are always exaggerated. This looks non-sensical in a way but for us, we were OK with ripping ourselves off money-wise in order to get preferred experiences. But it’s a personal choice and unfortunately not all families can afford this approach.
- Crazy ppl don’t ask if they are crazy…
- Honestly with there only being 3 of you that’s about $450. When you look at it like this: if you wanted to avoid crowds without EMM leaving midday would mean needing to make up the park time, so I would assume 1 extra day added to vacation. Summer stay that would be a good $130 for another night at a value resort. Add a day of park tickets single park only would be a minimum of $25 more (9 to change to 10 day tickets). Throw in $50 for food and you are already looking at almost half of that cost.
- Throw in if you fly, which day of the week you book can effect cost: past 5 years of flight on Delta IND to MCO round trip. A Wednesday in June price goes as low as $232/pp, on a Friday and the cheapest price goes to about $330/pp.
- Sooo now I sound crazy lol
But do normal people ask if they are normal ???
I haven’t had the pleasure of doing an EMM but I plan my entire week TP around morning EMH. With small children the opportunity to do so much with so little wait is invaluable!
My DH is also crowd averse. We booked both TSL EMM and DAH at MK earlier this month and they were the highlights of the trip. DH even quipped during DAH “if Disney was always like this is being you kids here all the time!”
DAH at MK seems like a much better deal than the EMM. DAH gives you access to a much larger mix of rides, whereas EMM is just Fantasyland.
Of course, EMM gives you better food choices, so there’s that.
EMM is less expensive, right? I didn’t see how old their child is but if he/she is little this may be the ideal spot. All of my kids loved to ride their favorites over and over again. These events provide a really good way to do that if they are within your budget.
Yea, the food thing is a nice bonus. After Hours hasn’t been released yet for my dates (Aug 18-28), but I have to draw the line somewhere. Maybe I’ll just sneak out myself.
I stumbled upon a whole host of YouTube vlogs posted by WDW CMs who have been verbally and physically abused by guests. One was hit in face by a guest queuing for a characted MandG. There are some ‘crazed’ people out there😨.
Yeah I can only imagine how stressful and difficult the CM job must be !!! I always make sure I am extra extra nice to CMs. Plus, it sometimes gets rewarded…
You’re not crazy. I have a 4 year old and 7 year old and booked EMM Fantasyland. I’ve thought about booking Toystory as well and probably would if more rides were included. I know my kids wouldn’t last DAH and do better in the mornings, as your 5 yr old probably would too. If you have the extra $$, do it!
We are doing the Halloween party our last night there and I figure it will ruin him. Don’t really wanna chance that mid trip.
If I could afford it I’d do it everywhere.