Tell me about Cabana Bay Courtyard Family Suite Exterior Entry - Pool side

I just got this amazing reservation at Cabana Bay for $104/night for Courtyard Family Suite Exterior Entry - Pool side. It was a special email offer. For that price I won’t complain about anything, but can you guys tell me about the room? Good/ bad? Any special room requests?

What I know is that the windows are on the living room side of the room. That is about it.

Can you look it up in the TP room finder?

1 Like

I thought that was only for Disney.
Off to figure out how to do that. It has been so long…

Hope it’s not a goose chase. I wondered if it was possible for Universal too after I wrote it, sorry. But there are room videos on TP.

1 Like

Got the same email & booked this morning at the same rate for 2nd week in May!

We stayed in the same type room in Sep 2018 & loved it. We actually prefer exterior exit/ entry vs. interior hallways. There a sink, microwave & small fridge in the kitchen area as you walk in. Also a two-seat breakfast bar & living room area with a loveseat & 2 chairs & TV. The bedroom has 2 queen beds with another TV & a good size closet in the back corner with the in-room safe.

The bathroom set up is great, too. Tub/shower in one area with a door, sink with plenty of counter space & some handy small drawers in the middle, then the toilet in it’s own separate room with a door.

There’s a partition that slides to separate the bedroom & bath area from the living/kitchen area. It’s not a “real” door but does provide a nice separation.

The exterior entry rooms are also closest to the walking path to the parks if that’s of interest to you. We always took the buses & the service was FANTASTIC :).

3 Likes

The rooms surround the “action” pool with the slide and are part of the Thunderbird, Starlight, and Castaway wings. I like these rooms a lot, unlike the tower suites the main outward facing window is in the seating area of the room. Here’s videos of said rooms/area.

My personal favorite rooms are in the Castaway wing as they’re close to the walking path to the parks and also close to the lobby/bus loop.

4 Likes

What email list gets you these offers?

2 Likes

Just guessing but it came to the email associated with my UO account that has my AP info. I’m not on any special or separate list, at least not that I know of, LOL.

1 Like

It’s an annual Passholders offer.

1 Like

Note, even with the email, I still had a hard time booking it. I asked my TA to get the upgrade for me. The CM she talked to said that there was no such deal and that rack rate for my dates was the best. I thought about it a bit, and decided to call myself starting the conversation with “Do you know about the free upgrade to a suite at Cabana Bay” He did. So I went ahead and made a new reservation. Then I thought about and decided for 104, I’d get a second room. That person I talked to said that there was no such thing. and that passholder rates weren’t out yet. So, I called back and talked to a different person who hadn’t heard of it but was willing to do some work and I got a second room. Note it might also be limited by location since they asked what state I lived.

We didn’t have pool side but I really liked the resort and room this last Oct

1 Like

Thanks, those videos where great.

1 Like

It is different from this offer?

I am not an AP holder and received this offer to two email addresses.

No that is different. This is what I got

1 Like

But it might be a sort of matching offer. If they boost the passholders to the family suites that clears out the standard rooms.

If I were Lowes, I’d probably run specials like this on one hotel to get that hotel completely filled. Staff required for a full hotel are less per room than a partly filled hotel. Also easier to predict and schedule.

2 Likes

I also wonder in the back of my brain how much they would charge for an upgrade to the two-bedroom. If it wasn’t too much, since another family is going with us, we could save even more money by staying in the same room. I think the two bedroom is the size of my first apartment. I’d need to wait until closer to the trip though.

1 Like

The room has two beds and one pull out sleeper sofa (that is not the most comfortable thing, ngl). I’d say it’s enough room for a family of four if someone doesn’t mind being on the pull out.

1 Like

In case anyone is reading this because they need the same info.
A random person on the passholder facebook group said that these rooms are on the pool that is closed now (the one with the slide). They only have one pool open at the moment. Although my guess is that once the water park opens, they’ll open both. Note, this was from a random person, so give it the correct weight. But, at worst, if you really wanted a room facing an active pool you’d at least be mentally prepared. Me, I’m not concerned either way. If it isn’t active, it will at least be quiet.

3 Likes