Teenagers!

If you haven’t already, I think it is time to make doing the dishes his responsibility, every day, for every one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is excellent!!

DD14 mostly draws Tom Hiddleston, but also treats me to some Disney.

1 Like

We used to call him “The Professional Againster” (what one of the movie studio heads used to call Jimmy Cagney) but that was too many syllables.

So, my wife and I now privately refer to him as “The Opposition.”

1 Like

@JJT - :heart: the nickname “the opposition”- I usually go with “the resistance”

3 Likes

My oldest (DS16) went to WDW with his marching band last November. Like others have mentioned, he didn’t get his tickets until they arrived.

He managed to link up with a few of the other kids who have WDW experience, and they used their MagicBands, booked FPs day-of, used modify and rolling 4th to great extent, and had an all around great time.

All of which he knew because my young Padawan has been paying attention and learned all of his lessons, from me, to great effect.

Your kid may still be “grasshopper”, but you may be surprised at just how good a time he has working the MDE system… just with his friends instead of his parents.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me with my DD when her choir went to Disney to perform at the Candlelight Processional. She had been to Disney enough to know that she should book FPPs and I offered to do it for her and her friends, but she turned me down. She regretted it though and became frustrated in the parks. Lesson learned.

1 Like

indeed you do even as painful as it seems. To quote a 3 year old on a bus to HS 3 years ago…YET IT GO

1 Like

It gets worse. When I helped my son moved apartments during college a couple years back, I learned these things:

• Pot lids never have to be cleaned as they don’t touch the food.
  • If everyone in the house is right-handed, you only need one right-handed dishwashing glove.
  • Things that the dishwasher doesn’t get clean just need to be washed in the dishwasher more times.
  • You can still use sheets & pillowcases even if you can’t actually remember the last time they were washed.
6 Likes

Haha!

Also: you don’t need to wash towels since they are only used to dry clean things.

3 Likes

I wish DD17 would draw more Tom Hiddleston and less Medic from Team Fortress 2, although she has drawn me two as presents for my birthday.

I’d love to see the ones your DD has drawn!

:rofl: wait. …im impressed there even was a dishwashing glove

4 Likes

Our daughter is doing the same next week with her high school band. Should be fun!

1 Like

So I think back to when I was a teenager and we had a school to trip to Great America(a theme park). Not as intensive as Disney, but my mom kept telling me, “make sure to ride x right away, don’t eat at lunchtime but before or after” etc.
These were the things we did when we went as a family, but I refused and had a great time! Why, it was hanging out with friends, doing what we wanted when we wanted. Being able to ride things we enjoyed and not worry about anything.
As an adult, I cringe because I plan so much with trips, but let him be. He will have a great time, or realize his mistakes. I strongly suggest you NOT make FP for him. Let him figure it out on his own. This is a great learning experience and he will have a good time to.

1 Like

Can I remember that far back?:slight_smile:

1 Like