Taxi Services

My flight gets to Orlando at midnight on a Saturday (ugh), will there be taxi services available that late? I’ve never flown in this late!!! Should I just book a private car with Mears? I really don’t want to be standing around the airport at 1 AM looking lost :rofl: with my 11 year old.

Also - wondering about hotel to hotel transportation, as I am switching hotels mid-trip. Universal told me when I booked that they are not doing their typical transportation from hotel to hotel at this time, due to COVID. Are there taxi’s or uber at the hotels so I can easily transfer my hotel? I know they had this at Disney.

Yes. It’s a very large airport that goes all night.

Yes. However, you’ll probably need to call one to come to you as they aren’t just sitting outside

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m trying to avoid renting a car… last thing I want to do!

BTW: Your profile picture is AMAZING :heart_eyes: Can’t wait to do that photo-op!!! Almost all my Universal gear is ET based (haha).

Thanks! Sadly, you can’t get on the bike these days due to COVID protocols. I don’t think you can even take the picture with ET in the closet right now… :cry:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That is the only one I actually wanted to do… bummer.

1 Like

You can probably Uber/Lyft from hotel to hotel at a reasonable price. We were switching from CB to RPR so we walked on the garden path–just 2 adults, didn’t have much luggage. Took about 10 ish minutes.

1 Like

We are moving from CB to RPR too!!! That is awesome that you can walk… Didn’t even think of that, so thanks for the tip. Maybe I’ll do that. I hear the walking paths at RPR are amazing!

1 Like

The regular walking path from RPR to the park is so lovely and quick to IOA. Not bad to US either. We had never stayed at CB before, and thought the walk might be too long. From CB, it was around 10 minutes to RPR and then another 7-8 to IOA. Of course it depends on your room location at CB since its a big resort. From the front entrance of CB, take a left and follow the signs to the garden path. You’ll see a little bridge to cross and continue on the path. We left CB pretty early in the morning so we could check in at RPR early to get our express passes and be there for early entry that day.

1 Like

Yeah… I didn’t know how many people / ages were in your group. If you don’t have a ton of bag or little ones to drag behind you, then walking is a viable option.

1 Like

hello @tashabt I have similar issues but other country & region, thanks for your openly discussion in this topic.

1 Like

Welcome!

Please ask anything and as often as you need!!

This topic is a few years old. Much of the protocols discussed still involve COVID restrictions.

Do you have any current questions about taxis, ride shares or Universal Orlando in general? We’re always glad to help!!

thanks @darkmite2 It’s my fault I didn’t notice how old this discussion is.

1 Like