Talk to me about Keens. Which kind do you have/like?

I am 64 days out and need to decide on some Keens to break in. Any suggestions for my DD8 as well? She only has sneaks and flipflops. TIA😊

1 Like

I just got my DD8 a pair of keens this week to break in. She’s been wearing them for a few days and loves them. She says they are really comfy. I didn’t get them online, though, but I’m sure you can find them there.

For me, I have a pair of Tevas I’m expecting to be delivered any day now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahey! Here they are.

http://m.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/little-kid/phoebe

@lawmandy those look great! We have an EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) in town that sells them. DD8 will be able to make her decision quicker than me I’m sure!

1 Like

I have the Rose sandals in the “Aluminum” color, which is a nice neutral beige. They are incredibly comfortable. I’ve been wearing them for several weeks now and I’ve never gotten a blister. Great cushioning. I got them really wet once and I did not care to wear them while they were that wet. I bought a pair of Crocs sandals (Isabella style) to switch into for water rides. Those are also pretty comfortable, but I don’t think they will stand up to an 8-10 hour day on my feet.

I got my DD6 the Keen Newports in the “Raya Lilac Sachet” multicolor print because the various colors match with nearly all of her outfits. She didn’t like them at first, but now wears them nearly every day. Again, no blisters.

1 Like

Thank you @jwarchol! This info is invaluable :smile:

I don’t remember what style these are, but DD has been wearing them for a few years. We buy them in our local shoe store, but I have seen them online.

She has always been able to wear them right out of the box with no issues whatsoever. The pair last year made it through a week long deluge at Universal without a complaint! DD really likes the covered heel and rubber toes for extra protection…unfortunately they ran out of pink😩

Good luck shopping!

1 Like

TY! Crossing my fingers for a decent sale though I realize these shoes are worth the price.

1 Like

I also have the Keen rose sandals and love them! I can vouch that they’ll stand up to the Disney test - I wore them for our entire September 2015 Disney trip and they were wonderfully comfortable. They also seem to dry quickly, which was great during rainstorms (or Kali River Rapids, for that matter). :blush::+1:

1 Like

My kids live in the Keen Newport H2 sandals every summer, and their customer service is wonderful. The velcro on my DS6’s sandals wore out after two months last year, so I submitted a warranty claim and they gave me total replacement value for the sandals, which I used to buy some for this summer!

1 Like

I have had Keen Whisper and Newport H2 sandals. The Whispers were much lighter in weight and less ugly, but they are fairly narrow. The Newports are heavy and ugly as sin but would fit a wider foot. I was comfortable walking in both all day, but they A. are heavier than Tevas or Crocs, and seem to take longer to dry (wet fabric makes me itch, so I notice it A LOT) and B. get really stinky, which is weird because none of my other shoes or sandals get stinky at all.

My 8 year old niece won’t wear them anymore at all, because she says they’re too ugly. She wore Teva Tirras last year… she still thought they were hideous (I disagreed) but there were no complaints about her feet hurting. She’s generally not allowed to wear backless shoes at Disney because she still kicks them off while walking sometimes, but the Teva Olowahu flip flops fit tightly enough that I think we might try those this year.

1 Like

Also, for my recent trip I wore Sanuk Yoga Spree flip flops all 5 days and never got sore feet/ankles. I didn’t really understand why my sister was so excited to give me a pair for Christmas until I wore them all day on a cruise in January. They were good enough that I decided to take them to Disney, with a pair or Teva Zirras (super comfy for walking, with great arch support and ultra fast-drying but A. require some moleskin under the buckles to prevent rubbing and blisters, B. are difficult to get on) as backup. I never needed the Tevas except for the day it rained. The yoga mat footbed soaks up water, so I switched to the Tevas after they got soaked. They do fit quite loose, so if you have a tough time keeping flip flops on your feet while walking then they may not be a great choice.

1 Like

Heard so much about Keens here that I thought I would try them, have just ordered the sage sandles. Fingers crossed they will be comfy on my holiday to Italy in the summer and they will then be broken in for Disney in 2017.
Thanks everyone :grinning:

2 Likes

From a guy perspective, I love the Newport H2 model. Takes a couple of days to break in, but after that, they are about the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn.

1 Like

I work for REI (Framingham, MA) and I outfit a lot of folks headed for camps and otherwise for the summer. My go-to sandal is the Keen Newport. I call it a “hiking sandal”. I wear 'em myself on the sales floor, plus I’ve climbed a couple of mountains and spend the week in them at Scout Camp. (TL Storer, NH). As long as your arch fits the Keen spacing, you won’t go wrong with them. I’d go up a half to almost a full size if you’re planning on wearing a hiking sock with them. And I know, socks and sandals…but I’d rather not have blisters at the end of the day.

1 Like

I further support the Newport H2. Even buy it for kiddos.

1 Like

Ok, so I just bought the SEACAMP II CNX for my DD8, she was set on them. They look almost identical to the Newport H2.
I bought myself the Rose Sandal. I have a skinny foot which these seem to work well with based on reviews.
Got them a at Zappos.com so crossing my fingers that I have chosen well! :footprints:

Whispers all the way, my daughter and I wore them and they are wonderful. I have another type of Keen that was a lot heavier than the Whisper and they were not Disney Friendly.

DH and I just purchased our first Keens for our Dec trip to WDW. I got the Venice H2. I love that the toes are covered (thinking there are bound to be run-ins with strollers, scooters and the like) and they are a sandal/sneaker hybrid. I purchased early so that we could “break them in” over the summer. But guess what? They are totally comfy right out of the box! I couldn’t be happier with them. We did manage to score a 20% off sale. Not sure how often they run sales, but 20% off resulted in a significant savings.

Love the Rose sandals! They needed no breaking in, felt great from the first wear. My mom (age 71) tried mine on since we have the same size foot and she loved them too. She has a hard time finding shoes that feel good on her " problem" feet. The toe guard is key especially for a chronic toe stubber like me😁
My DD8 loves her sandals also. We can’t wait to wear them a WDW!! Only 33 days left :laughing:

1 Like