Tag or not to tag for magical express

Our plane lands at 5:30 PM trying to decide whether to tag our luggage for ME or not. How much time would it add if we grab are own luggage then jumped on the magical express. We have fast passes booked for 8:40 PM at Epcot for a late Park night. Just worried with that late of a flight our luggage if tagged will not reach our room till the wee hours of the night. Thoughts? Thx

I would tag. It may add as much as 30 minutes depending on how busy it is when you land and when your bags make the conveyor. To make it to your FPP I would just get on the bus Gus.

Of course it matters where you are staying too. If BC or YC then maybe grab them. But if you are going to park for late night your bags should reach your room before you get back

2 Likes

I would pack a carry on with overnight essentials and tag your bags. If you get back to your resort and the bags haven’t arrived, ask Bell Services to hold them until the morning. That way you can go to sleep without being woken in the early hours.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago my flight landed at 5:20. I did not get my luggage and it came to my room at Pop around 9 or 9:30. Luggage is supposed to arrive around 3 hours after you arrive at the resort. That is about how long it took. I packed a carry on with what we needed for nighttime but we didn’t go to the parks.

1 Like

Were you in the room when it came or did they enter and leave it in the room upon your return ? Thx

We were in the room. We arrived at Pop around 6:30, ate, then went to room.

If we are at the park will they enter the room to drop off the bags? Do they enter when guests are not there? :crossed_fingers:Hopefully yes?

Yes. That’s part of the magic of Magical Express :slight_smile:

Lol :smile:

2 Likes

So related question (we’ve never done DME before an are this year) - you can grab your bags before boarding the bus if you choose, right? And then I guess just grab them when you arrive at your resort, how does that work?

1 Like

You take the bags to the DME line, they’ll be put in the luggage compartment under the bus, and when you get to your resort, let the driver know you have bags. And remember to tip him.

We’ve done both, depending on whether we fly direct to Orlando, or stop over elsewhere first.

1 Like

If you know you want to grab your bags, don’t put the yellow DME tag on them. Otherwise, they get pulled for DME before they hit the baggage carousel, and you won’t get a chance to grab them.

1 Like

I think you’re overthinking it. If you wait around to collect your bags at baggage claim, you’re going to get to the World later than you would otherwise. And if you are going to stay late at Epcot, you won’t need your bags all that soon anyway. Just make sure you pack your overnight essentials in carry-ons, and let Disney take care of the bags.

1 Like