SWGE help

I realize I’m being a little bit lazy here, so I apologize in advance! :grimacing:
I didn’t plan on returning to WDW for at least a year and have paid NO attention to all of the Galaxy’s Edge news/updates/rumors. I recently (yesterday) decided to cave in and join my cousin at the end of August (26-30). There is so much to sift through, but it looks like the planned opening is 8/29? Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what I need to know in case decide to throw caution to the wind and try to squeeze it in?
Thank you in advance :grinning:

HS will open at 6AM to all guests on August 29 and 30 so if you can get up early that may be youre best bet. And if you dont do SWGE I’d assume the rest of the park would be desserted for that time but who knows!

2 Likes

All on-site guests

1 Like

Does anyone think it makes a difference deciding between the 29th and the 30th?

I could be wrong, but I believe the 6am opening is for all guests on 8/29-8/31. Starting on September 1, 6am-9am switches to Extra-Extra Magic Hours for resort gusts only.

4 Likes

This seems right, as the 6am open isn’t showing as EMH on the days I was looking at.

You are correct. All guests have access at 6am for the first three days.

4 Likes

Is there any plan for handling the crowds that I should be aware of? I read that SWGE in CA had reservations, but am I correct that WDW is not doing that?

The official announcement read “DHS will not use a reservation system, at this time”.

The extra, extra EMH (3 hours per day) are (in place of) the resort guests’ reservations.

A virtual queue is almost certain to be used, but we don’t know for sure or when it would start.

And at this point we don’t know that there will be separate lines to get into the park. I am assuming there will be, as I cannot see how else it will work if people have FPs and ADRs for the rest of the park.

But at the moment, we just don’t know. Everything is speculation.

This is helpful, thank you!
It looks like the reason I can’t easily find answers to some of my questions is that there are no answers :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake. I hadn’t looked it up and didn’t realize it wasn’t EMH the first couple days.

1 Like

you should go both days and then report back here so we know what’s happening

:smiley:

3 Likes

It could happen :rofl:

2 Likes

We will be in WDW from the 17th-30th. I would love to be able to go to HS for SWGE opening on the 29th. I am staying on property so I am curious if anyone knows when the busses will start running and when they will open the parking lot or when people will start lining up; basically when i should plan to get there.

People will start lining up when the parks close the night before.

(WDW will do everything they can to dissuade people from camping out, but in reality there could be people waiting on the path from the Epcot resorts before that. Who knows for sure?)

As to how many will be there all night, it could be a couple of hundred, maybe more. Getting there for 4am is probably safe enough, to be able to get in before noon. the nearer to 6am the longer the line.

But we still don’t know whether there will be a virtual queue from the start, just one long line for SW:GE and one line for everyone else. Or even reservations like at DL.

I am very curious to see how WDW SWGE opening works out. This is the first time in recent memory that the same land or even major attraction has opened on both coasts so close to each other. Will the demand that is being met by DLR help decrease the chaos at WDW? Or will WDW crowds be worse because there is no reservation system?

I’m glad my WDW trip isn’t until next summer so at least it will be clear what way the wind is blowing by then.

1 Like

I worked retail many years ago leaving my store Wednesday night before Thanksgiving I saw people lined up in front of Best Buy waiting for Black Friday (this was when Black Friday was actually on Friday.)

This was my plan, to get there about 3:30-4am. I’m thinking my best bet is an Uber so I don’t have to worry about when the buses start running.

1 Like

What a novel concept that was. :grin:

I don’t know about SWLGE tho I do know July 2018 we were on a HS bus at about 5:30 for a published EMH opening of 7 am.

Disney knows people are going to want to get there early.

They have to want to keep roads as uncongested as possible.

If I were in property and wanting to enter the park as early as it will open - before 6 probably - I’d call either Disney info or Disney RIDE and ask when the bus starts running.

Even better - hope the Skyliner is fully operational.

1 Like