SWGE Disneyland

Is anyone else counting down the days til SWGE opens in Disneyland? I am just dying to know about what it’s like over there, so I can finally start to guess how SWGE might affect Disney World when it opens in August.
It’s so hard to plan, when we don’t know when RotR will open… when Fastpasses might become available… how crowds affect the rest of the park/resort… etc.
I mean… if we don’t get Fastpasses at WDW by my January trip, I might change HS from 2 days down to just 1 day! Cuz there’s no way we are waiting in a standby line for the two new rides. But then i’ll have to re-organize the whole trip schedule. The sooner I know, the sooner I can start to cement my plan!

1 Like

LOL! Good luck to you!

1 Like

LOL… well. you know… cement it for the first of many times :wink:

1 Like

I’m going in December and have basically no idea of how I will set up my days. We don’t know if it will be by reserved time only, or by virtual standby, or by first come first served (and this is just to get into the land, not on the rides. We have no idea if there will be FPPs or not. And even after DL opens their SWGE, we have no idea if WDW will do it the same way or not. I have 5 days for my trip, so I am sort of considering using 2 for DHS; one for everything but SWGE and one for just SWGE (hopfully with a different park before or after. DHS has always been my least favorite park, so if I can’t get into SWGE, and the rest of the park has crazy-stupid long lines, I might just forego it completely and spend my time at the other parks. All big question marks…

Agreed… so many unknowns. And you are right - just because DL does it one way, doesn’t mean that is how WDW will do it. DHS is also not one of my favorites, so I don’t mind cutting it down to 1 if I have to. But my husband will be visiting WDW for his very first time, so I can’t cut DHS out completely. Hopefully over the next few months we will have a better idea of what to expect! :slight_smile: