SWGE at DLR: dedication ceremony

You see the splash image with the couple running on the beach in front of the Ferris wheel? Once that changes to a different image, it’s a good indication that the system has updated.

1 Like

You need to go to this page

Right now they are not booking:

When new flights are ready to go it will say: we are currently booking until Jan. 5th. On…

2 Likes

Oh, that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That page is my “cheat sheet”.

3 Likes

I’ve now wasted an hour of my day. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Highlights for those short on time like me this morning:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/05/30/mark-hamill-harrison-ford-george-lucas-star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland/amp/

1 Like

Clearly, this is the better way. As the image changed on the homepage but it still hasn’t opened up. :rage:

2 Likes

Whenever I hear the word “therefore” I mentally add “with angels and archangels and all the company of Heaven”, which is from the Anglican liturgy.

2 Likes

Old habits die hard

2 Likes

they’re live!! GO GO GO!

Yup. And off my budget for dates I needed.
Walked away. Frustrated.
Hope you got what you wanted.

1 Like

ehhh not really. They were REALLY expensive given they were just released (usually it’s cheaper out of the gate, so not sure what happened).

And my SW voucher expired in the flight time so they wouldn’t accept it. Though it would’ve cost me $400 even with it. Lame.

Ended up using a bunch of points (but it’s ok, it’s why I’ve been accumulating them and what they’re for). So all told I got out of it with only spending $50 bucks (taxes and early bird)

1 Like

Meanwhile DS18 came downstairs to say, “Mom. Did you know Star Wars opens up today in Disney?”
You don’t say, son…

3 Likes

I can’t even find a good rate to/from neighboring cities.

Oddly - I’m not even caring very much. Is that telling?

1 Like

Probably. Though of what, I have no idea :wink:

A few years ago i had to buy thanksgiving weekend flights tickets from sw. Bought some expensive tickets. There were no wanna get away fares. But I watched the fares. After a month the fares dropped. By over $200. I called and got an adjustment.

It seems to me the prices start high for these dated then get better. Keep checking them. The wanna get away may not be available right away.

2 Likes

ohhhhh right. I forgot that it’s TG weekend(going 12/2). Now it makes sense why they’re so high.

Cool, I’ll keep an eye on them. If they do drop, do they adjust the points too?

Here’s a link to the WDWMagic homepage. There are 6 SWGE links there, including the full 15 minute dedication ceremony.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/

1 Like

I need to be there over 11/21. Getting home before Thanksgiving is just as costly.

If you are booking with points there is no reason to not just book ASAP because they will give you the points right back with no issue. They’ve actually made it even easier to see how many points more/less the flight is when you check. We booked on opening day in the last round and our outbound flight has dropped twice but our return flight keeps going up, up, up. It’s very interesting.

1 Like