Swan or Dolphin

We are going in April 2016

Currently booked at Swan as it seemed just a bit nicer and I heard that Dolphin is going to be going through refurbs. Which is better / nicer - Swan or Dolphin. I am paying with points so the cost is the same for me.

1 Like

Swan has 2 queens while Dolphin only has 2 doubles. This was the deciding factor for me. I believe rennovations are done at Swan.
Staying on points in 3 weeks also at the Swan. Swan is a Westin while Dolphin is a Sheraton for technical purposes if that matters to you for earning points. No Sheraton club lounge like normal though.

1 Like

Yup the double / queen issue is kind of what sold it for me as well. So able to stay at other - currently booked with the points at Swan though. Also love the heavenly bed. So we are currently staying in a “whatever view” - but looking to upgrade to a balcony or resort view - any suggestions?

I know the balcony is small - but my wife and I both like the idea of just being able to let some fresh air in. I also thought that the WDW resort view would be a bit unused as we will be in the parks most of the day.

1 Like

i booked the swan also for april 2016. Used points as well. every 4 nights, 5th is free. Only 1000 more points for balcony per night, plus most members get upgraded. longer you go better opportunity for upgrade.swan was just upgraded so everything will be newer then the dolphin

Ha - that is exactly our plan!! Booked just a room - but hope to rebook to a balcony. We had originally planned 5 nights (buy 4 get 1) but we had to modify our stay. So although not staying the “night” the last night will be checking out very late - so will still be charged for it - but it is free so no big deal.

1 Like

We have always liked the Swan better when the kids were younger and 1 still stayed in a crib. The Dolphin allows a rollaway bed, and the Swan does not. Our older family of 5 needs the Dolphin now. We use points too so we are always happy with our room! You will LOVE the location!

1 Like