Swan Hotel

Planning a new trip. Stayed at Contemporary last visit. We LOVED walking to MK. Next trip will be more budget friendly and am looking to book at the Swan on points. Do we know how long they are offering good neighbor benefits such as 60 day FP and EMH? TIA

Swan and Dolphin have always offered this benefits. I would plan on them staying.

2 Likes

Thank you Tink! This is great news. I have read reviews, and it won’t compare to the Contemporary, but can’t beat walking distance to both EP and HS! That will make it easier to park hop. Hmmm. This is exciting!

Now to figure dates. This trip is dependent on whether or not ds plans on going on class trip to DC :grimacing:. I’m not sharing plans with family until then. Or maybe I should :thinking::joy:

Depending on how long you plan to stay, i suggest booking as soon as you can. I’ve stayed in the past and found that it can sometimes be difficult to book longer stays due to conventions that block out large numbers of rooms.

I just wish they hadn’t increased the number of points to stay there. It’s not as good a deal as it once was, but if you have lots of points anyway, you can’t beat the price for that location!

2 Likes

Valid point. I’m planning out over a year ahead so it’s a possibility. I probably could call and book now. I need to talk to DH about point guidelines and policies. Thanks for pointing this out as I know conferences book up in advance, but didn’t think about it.

1 Like

Be your own judge. You might like it more than the Contemp. It is NOT a shabby place by any means. Actually, the misconceptions about Swolphin might be part of the reason I like to stay there. AJ from DFB did a recent review of the restaurants and said, “I have no idea why these places aren’t always packed.”

Hope you enjoy!
Kimonos for sushi, and Ample Hills on the BW for Ice cream is a great one-two punch, imo.

4 Likes

That’s good to hear. Thanks for your point of view. We’ve stayed at various types of hotels, and I’m by no means a hotel snob, so we may be quite pleased. I should take the reviews with a grain of salt I guess because I don’t know who is writing them. Thanks again!

ETA: I’ll check out AJ’s vlog on the Swolphin. I like her! Definitely, Ample Hills is on the list. I was disappointed we didn’t make it there in November.

Are there any differences between Swan and Dolphin?

They are across from each other. One is owned by Sheraton and the other the Westin. In turn those companies are both owned by Marriott, so if you have Marriott Rewards you can stay at either one.

1 Like

One is a bird, the other is a fish.

7 Likes

BTW, one thing I’ve noticed is that the Disney Springs partner hotels currently only say that the 60-day FPP access is through the end of 2019. I don’t know at what point they officially renew it, but it does leave me wondering if Disney might be considering revoking the 60-day FPP benefit in 2020. I doubt Swan and Dolphin they would, but I can see it for the DS hotels.

1 Like

I think I have read that the standard double room at the Swan has Queen beds, the Dophin has Full beds. I’m not positive tho…

1 Like

Excuuuuse me but a dolphin is a mammal, thankyouverymuch

4 Likes

But the “Dolphin” hotel is not based on the mammal, but the dolphinfish, aka dolphin.

The animal we tend to call a dolphin is more appropriately called a cetacean.

4 Likes

Not in this case.

There exists two creatures that are called dolphin. One is a mammal, and a member of the same family as whales. The other is a fish, and “breathes” water like any other fish.

The Dolphin hotel is themed after the fish, not the mammal.

1 Like

Well then why don’t they call it the Fish resort? Hmm… guess that doesn’t have the same ring to it. :wink:

1 Like

Because the wanted to theme it after a specific fish, silly!

Should we now call the other hotel there “The Bird Resort”???

1 Like

Yes. Definitely. Let’s put in a petition for that.

(To be clear, I know it’s named after the fish, not the mammal. I’m just being a silly internet pedant.)

2 Likes

well then.

We can be pedantic together. I do the same all the time. Some times it’s fun to play the opposite role :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2 Likes

You mean like this?

(Oh, wait. You said pedant, not pendant.)

4 Likes