SWA - can't use multiple travel credits to pay for flight?

I tried booking a flight for January using the gobs of SWA travel credits I accrued with all my canceled trips this year. However, the system won’t let me use them all. It gives me an error after I add the 2nd. Anyone have problems using multiple travel credits before? They all have the same expiration (9/2022), so that shouldn’t be the issue here.

I tried calling SWA but the robo-operator told me the wait time was 111 minutes. WOWEEE!

1 Like

Yeah… that sounds like it’s gonna have to be a phone call. Yikes!

Times like that are when I turn on the TV / Laptop and start binge watching something… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Has the window closed for you to convert those to points? If you convert them to points they will never expire AND you can use them all in one swoop. I do believe that is, otherwise, their policy regarding travel credits.

1 Like

You are allowed to use multiple credits. I did it for our October flights–I used 4 different credits. I remember getting an error message, but it let me continue and use them.

2 Likes

Good to know!

2 Likes

There is a limit to how many credits you can use at one time.

2 Likes

Interesting. Do you know what the limit is?

I don’t remember but I think they would only let me use so many at once online. It’s been about three years ago. That may have changed by now too. I would definitely call.

I thought I remember someone saying it was 2 credits per person per trip. So if you buy the flights as one ways instead of a round trip, you should be able to apply 4 credits? I haven’t done it myself yet, just what I understand.

3 Likes

I had not thought of this. I will try that online now!

2 Likes

That may be why I could use four. Good point.

2 Likes

I always book one way, for a lot of reasons. It just makes things way easier if something on one end or the other goes sideways

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can only use 3 forms of payment total. So if your flight credits are enough to cover the whole cost, you can use 3 flight credits. But if the credits don’t cover it, then you could only use 2 because you’d also need to use a credit card to pay the balance.

Booking one ways is definitely better for using up those credits!

4 Likes

Booked 2 one-way flights. Used my travel funds. THANKS!

3 Likes