SW 50% off fares between 9/15-11/3/2021

Yes, someone in chat reported that they were able to modify and apply the discount.

You have to go through the process like you are going to book a new flight using the promo code so that it loads onto your account. Then, go to your flight and modify it. The discount should be applied.

Thanks Iā€™ll give that a try.

The companion is messing it up. It wonā€™t let me do it. Iā€™ll hang out on hold. Itā€™s fine.

1 Like

It was worth a try! :crossed_fingers:t3: they get it resolved for you quickly!

1 Like

Thank you for this heads up!!

$44 credit for dd and $54 credit for me. Since I am tacking on a WDW visit after a conference for work they are paying for my flightā€¦so I only get to use the credit if I travel on SW again for work.

Well, my home airport (MHT) just announced about an hour ago that Spirit Airlines will begin providing service (including to FL) in October.

Iā€™m hoping this will force some fare adjusting with SW. Otherwise, at roughly $60 each way for nonstop service, I may have a new favorite airlineā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m so jealous of $60 one-way fares. If I had that option, Iā€™d go to WDW so much more often. When you have a family of 6 and airfare alone is usually around $500 round trip per person, you have to be really judicious about the frequency of your trips.

2 Likes

Yup.

Weā€™ll see if it holds though. Either SW will be forced to come down on their pricing in this market, or Spirit will ramp up pricing quickly.

Currently it is very expensive to fly out of MHT to MCO. As mentioned above, the 50% discount only gets me down to a low of $92 during the offer (which means itā€™s currently $184 one way)

2 Likes

FWIW when Frontier and Spirit started flying out of CLT the rates on American (we are a hub) did come down a little bit, but there are some shockingly expensive dates with Spirit sometimes too. Iā€™ve flown them a couple times and thought it was actually really great and much nicer than Frontier.

2 Likes

Spirit has an unsavory reputation for cancelling flights and stranding passengers at my regional airport (Atlantic City.) So I hope that it has the pricing effect you desire, bc Iā€™d hate for you to get stuck using Spirit.

That said, Iā€™m being forced to fly Frontier this fall bc of SW and their insane pricing, so I totally get you.

2 Likes