Sunpass: is it cheaper

No trip this year. But we have two trips next year. One in May, and the other in December.

awesome.

thank you @dsollie for info. Going to check out both websites again. I will probably end up with epass. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know. Hopefully I remember. Even better if i can remember after trip so I can post toll prices.

I got an EPASS in 2018 for my drive down from Illinois. I wanted it before Florida so I could use it in Georgia if needed. $10 to get the free sticker and it was loaded with $10 to start.

As it turns out, new accounts are setup to refill $40 once you reach $10. So once I activated it, the EPASS immediately charged me $40 before I ever used it. Annoying to be sure. That said, if you close the account you get your money back so its not like its lost if I chose not to go Florida for a while.

If you are doing EPASS, you may want to ensure the refill quantity is what you want it to be before activating.

1 Like

If your trip will be finished by the end of August and you are renting a car at MCO, this is what you need:

https://www.visitortollpass.com/

It is no cost, you link a credit card, pick up at the airport at its own kiosk.I believe you get a small discount. I am selfishly plugging because I want them to continue the program!

1 Like

thanks. However, driving my own car. starting in Aug, returning in Sept. Good info for others.

Couldnā€™t tell, just saw Texas! Good luck. That toll system is a mess. I almost brought my EZ pass to use, but halfway between MCO and WDW there is a small sign ā€œEnd EZpassā€ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But is that simply because the roads stop being toll roads?

Once we get to Orlando, we never pay any tolls. It is just GETTING there.

No, EZPASS is only on some of the roads but not all of them. The tolls definatley did not stop, just allowance of the EZPASS! I showed me DH on the way back to the airport (begin EZpass in this case) he couldn"t believe it. From MCO to WDW and the Celebration area, the fastest way is via a toll road.

I bought a SunPass window transponder many years ago. While we do not visit Disney/Orlando yearly, it has been such a time saver that I do not care one bit about the minimum that they charge. Not having to slow down to a stop, dig out money, or stress about either things is worth it to me. Weā€™ve also been able to use it in GA the last couple of trips to avoid a slow stretch of traffic. So if you plan to visit more than once, I would recommend buying whatever is current.

2 Likes

Oh! If only theyā€™d keep this for Nov.
Iā€™m stressing over it.

Iā€™m going from MCO to Disney area and also out to Tampa. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes